• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

vanvleckeren
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2016
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony
The magnificent cathedral in Cologne, Germany as we approached the city at
One of the castles that we passed on the Rhine River between Rudesheim and
The Avalon Felicity, docked in Amsterdam at the end of the cruise.

I chose this cruise because I really wanted to see the region around the Rhine River. Rhine River cruises seem to be very popular because I had tried to book one a few years ago in November for the following summer, and everything was taken already.

I had cruised with Avalon before, on a "Taste of the Danube" cruise in 2013. I really enjoyed that cruise, but I thought the food quality was lacking. I had some reservations about sailing again with Avalon for that reason, but I was told that Avalon had recognized the issue and addressed it.

The Rhine River cruise was magnificent. Before even getting to the ship, we started with a wonderful tour of Mount Pilatus and Lucerne, Switzerland. Avalon's tours are high quality, and they go all out to make it easy and comfortable. The Swiss mountains were breathtakingly beautiful and I really liked Lucerne.

Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

Cabin B

The cabin was fine, the same as most cruise ship cabins. Plenty of storage space, and the bathroom was better than the typical ship bathroom, especially the shower.

Port Reviews

Mainz

I met some friends in Mainz so I skipped the tour.

9 Helpful Votes