River Baroness Cruise Review

My first river cruise most assuredly will not be my last with Uniworld!

River Baroness Cruise Review by JoanFinley

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Standard Stateroom with Window

I had never been to France and wanted to see Paris & the Normandy region. If I could do it over, I would have arrived in Paris 3 days ahead of our river cruise to make sure I saw more of the city. The ship was beautiful and the crew were fantastic. Everyone was friendly, and service was excellent. Dining was a lovely experience on board; the entertainment gets a "good" rating. The cabin was a little "snug" but the beds were oh so comfortable. Everything was smooth from day one, and our guides and cruise manager were first-rate. I would have preferred more time for shopping during our on-shore excursions and would have appreciated knowing that many French shops close for lunch from 12:00 - 2:00. I would definitely recommend Uniworld to friends and family who are interested in a river cruise. The convenience of your "hotel" traveling with you, the lush accommodations, delicious food and pleasing crew made my first river cruise most assuredly not my last with Uniworld!

JoanFinley's Full Rating Summary

Standard Stateroom with Window
Cabin 2 114

The cabin was beautifully decorated, but not much room for sitting anywhere but on the bed. Suitcases did fit under the bed, but there was little space between the walls and the bed. Bathroom was very small, but the soap and hair products were very nice. Wifi was available, and the movies and television channels were satisfactory.

Paris

No problem finding the embarkation port in Paris and the crew was very welcoming.

Cathedral of Rouen

Nice tour of the cathedral and enjoyed the opportunity to watch its new bells being installed!

View All 43 Cathedral of Rouen Reviews
Arromanches

Arromanches was memorable, though I would have liked to have spent more time in the visitors center after viewing the film about D-Day.

View All 3 Arromanches Reviews
Giverny Village

Monet's gardens at Giverny was one of the two highlights of the cruise for me. I was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful tulips, apple trees and wisteria that were all in bloom.

View All 10 Giverny Village Reviews
Omaha Beach

15 minutes at the beach was not long enough. I would have liked more time to walk the beach and reflect. I would have preferred much more time on these beaches. Maybe an option to spend more than just one day there.

View All 16 Omaha Beach Reviews