3. Disney Wonder
This was our third Disney cruise. We have been on the Fantasy, the Magic (post-dry dock) and now the Wonder. I was second guessing booking on the Wonder as I know that dry dock is coming up for her and I was thinking that maybe she would feel sort of run down. I could not have been more wrong. Everything seemed to be immaculate and kept in excellent condition. When she goes into dry dock, they will upgrade the kids' club, water slides, and restaurants (among other things) so I am sure it will be even better. What drew us to this particular cruise was the itinerary. We stopped in Grenada, Barbados, Martinique, Antigua, and St. Kitts. I really enjoyed each and every port. I was not expecting too much out of Martinique but I ended up loving it. It was like a combination of Europe and New Orleans. Since Martinique is an outpost of France, you can find excellent patisseries and cafes. What I really loved were the pharmacies. It sounds crazy but if you are a fan of French beauty products (think Caudalie, Embroyolisse, Biafine, Nuxe etc) you will be in for a treat. There are many such pharmacies within walking distance of the port and the prices are great. The food onboard was good. I like good food but I am also not too hard to please. I know that there are other cruise lines who probably have more upscale food but I was satisfied with the food. A visit to Palo was a highlight as well. I think the best thing about Disney is the service. The staff always seemed warm and helpful. The embarkation and debarkation process was well organized and very easy. We enjoyed the shows and the adult entertainment as well. The waterslide is pretty small but my kids liked it. It seemed like the kids' pool ended up being off limits several times due to "accidental releases" however this is nothing that Disney has control over. The cabin was comfortable and was very quiet (rooms 7088 & 7090). We always have to get adjoining cabins as we have four kids and no one room would accommodate us. On the magic, the balcony can be opened up to create one large deck space on adjoining rooms but not so on the Wonder, at least not yet. We had an amazing time...my only regret is that we didn't rebook while on board so lost out on the 10% discount and $200/cabin credit. If you are thinking of rebooking, don't wait until the last evening like we did because there were always a lot of people waiting to sit down at the booking desk. There was only one person working the booking desk and it would be nice if there could be too.

Very Interesting Itinerary; Not Your Typical Caribbean Ports

Ages 10 to 12
Get Disney Wonder price drops

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 04A 7088
The cabin was great. We had no issues with anything that didn't work or annoyed us. I do think it felt a bit smaller than cat 4A on the Fantasy but it was still good. The extra room under the bed for storage was helpful as it was easy to shove the suitcases under there and out of the way.
Deck 8 Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins