3. Grand Celebration
My husband and I consider ourselves seasoned cruisers and received this cruise as a Christmas gift. We had never heard of this cruise ship and was somewhat uncertain as to what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised! The larger cruise lines could take a page out of their book when it comes to embarkation and disembarkation - they did a fabulous job. The food could use some improvement was wasn't as bad as I have read in some of the reviews. The waiters in the main dining room were not as accommodating when it came to requesting changes in the menus - so we opted for dinner meals elsewhere on the ship. The entertainment was fun as the cruise director was a hoot! I didn't care for the comedian and I'm about sick of BINGO (that all cruise lines have) but overall I think he did a great job. the weather in the Bahamas was windy, rainy and dreary - so we stayed on the ship. This was fine with me as we have visited Freeport several times in the past. All in all this is a great deal for the price and a even greater adventure for first time cruisers. I would like to see them pay a little more attention to the Encore Lounge area as there was an odor in that area. I am not certain if it was poor air circulation or if the carpeting needed refreshing. To the cruise director - please continue to seek out new entertainment - and let that be that be the main reason people want to cruise with this cruise ship. I think you're doing a great job but folks are tired of BINGO...By the way the band in the Encore lounge was awesome and enjoyable! My family and I are thinking of taking this cruise for New Years Eve. We met the senior couple who are longtime cruisers on this particular cruise and they talked us into joining them and their family for New Years Eve. I can't remember their names but I will not forget their warmth, kindness, and wonderful memories they shared about their cruises with this cruise ship. Where there is definitely room for improvement - overall - GOOD JOB!

Enjoyable Cruise