Ventura Cruise Review

Brilliant, Amazing; Everything I Expected and More

Ventura Cruise Review by Susan Shenton

• Sail Date: Aug 2015
  • Destination: the Western Mediterranean

This was my second cruise on Ventura as a single passenger. I was a little apprehensive going back as I had such a wonderful time last year but I need not have worried it was just the same and more.

From my cabin steward to the bar staff in all of the bars, from the bow to the stern of Deck 7 (Promenade Dec) the entertainment was brilliant, from the Metropolis on the Sky Deck down to the Restaurants on Dec 6 it was amazing. Brilliant service, lovely food, extremely friendly people.

A packed entertainment programme filled each day - but if you wanted to just laze on the deck that was just as amazing.

Saw a school of dolphins off the port side one evening before sunset - just breath taking.

I am booked on Arcadia next year I hope that this will be just as good.

If you are a single/solo traveller and thinking of a cruise - book it - I very much doubt you will be disappointed.

Susan Shenton's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Outside Single Cabin F310

Cabin was spacious (well big enough for me!!) nice widow view of the ocean (which I love) - nice 3/4 bed, ample storage and luggage space. compact bathroom but with everything I needed. Lovely accommodating steward.

Vigo

Nice little port - good shops and bars/restaurants.

Barcelona

Barcelona didn't really do it for me - very busy City - felt very vulnerable with stories of pickpockets.

Cannes

Went ashore by tender - absolutely loved this place it was beautiful - although I can't afford to be a shopper at the array of designer shops it was amazing to people watch. Had a lovely lunch for 16 Euros for 2 courses. Would definitely visit here again - I loved it.

Lucca Walking Tour

Great tour - Lucca was lovely.

View All 39 Lucca Walking Tour Reviews
Cartagena (Spain)

Loved Cartagena - lots of lovely shops. Visit to amphitheatre. Ship docked right at the port. Couple of hundred yards to the main areas.

Susan Shenton