American Glory Cruise Review

American Glory Cruise Review by folkfox

• Sail Date: Jul 2014
  • Destination: the USA
  • Cabin Type: Cabin A

My husband and I have considerable experience as presenters on inland waterway cruises. We were looking for a (nonworking) trip that would accommodate his mobility difficulties with my own interest in regional culture. And we love to eat!

The 7-day Maine coast Lobsterfest cruise was a winner on all counts. My husband could be comfortable resting in the cabin while I was active on shore excursions, which were excellent.

The service was provided by a young staff whose thoughtfulness and enthusiasm more than made up for any lack of experience. I still remember all their names and think of them with gratitude. The shore excursions were thoughtfully planned, and the onshore expertise was very good indeed. I was somewhat underwhelmed by the onboard culture specialist, who was knowledgeable but not particularly outgoing; nonetheless, the library resources on board were great and I filled in my "research" gaps quite satisfactorily. We are early to bed folks, so missed much of the entertainment.

I can't say enough about the excellence of the food. I grew up on the Chesapeake Bay, and am very particular about the quality of my seafood and the imagination and flair with which it is prepared. I would rate the food 11 on a scale of 1-10!

folkfox's Full Rating Summary

Cabin A

The cabin was comfortable and clean. We were traveling on a budget, and so understood that - in comparison to a hotel, for example - quarters would be a bit cramped, but we were very happy with our accommodations.

folkfox