I can't add any negatives. I took some ship excursions but went mostly on my own since I lived in Europe for 4 years. I used Alla in St. Petersburg only due to their small vechiles - max is 16 and took 2 day grand tour. Outstanding. The food, cabin and other stops were exceptional. I went on 3 ship excusions. The only problem is I came back home exhaused from the new sights and spent too much time staying up late and getting up early. I would not have needed a balcony on this itinerary due to the clouds and temperatures..around 55. I probably spent 20 minutes on it all together. Fellow passangers were very well traveled and since I was alone the interaction with Brits, Canadians, South Americans was great as was the food in the dining room. I used room service for breakfast daily. Perfect food and exactly on time as set the night before. I liked the smaller and older ship. Reminded me of times gone by. The entertainment was not Las Vegas but I wasn't going to Las Vegas. Great Walsh comedian that I saw twice and 4 women string classical group - never heard better, anywhere. They played in one of the bars and as a show one evening. HAL is one of the only lines that has a Catholic Priest saying daily Mass and this was great for me as a Catholic.

This was an outstanding cruise in every respect

Ryndam Cruise Review by bobby3334

• Sail Date: June 2012
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Vista Suite with Verandah
I can't add any negatives. I took some ship excursions but went mostly on my

The food, cabin and other stops were exceptional. I went on 3 ship excusions.

bobby3334’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Vista Suite with Verandah
Cabin B 051
Great location mid ship on the same level as the most expensive suites and a swimming pool. The rest of the ship doesn't seem to know this deck exists and was quite and perfect. On the Baltic trip I could have done without a balacony
since I used it only about 30 minutes the whole time. This was a great cabin.
I was alone, of course, so there was plenty of room for 1 person. I usued the
spa tub daily and was happy to have it. Also used DVR bringing a few movies from home although a complete library aboard.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins