Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by paramedic268: Trying a different Cruise Line

paramedic268
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Southern Caribbean Cruises

Trying a different Cruise Line

Sail Date: March 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

My wife and I decided to once again take a wonderful and relaxing vacation so I booked a cruise on Celebrity. Our other two cruises were on Princess and we loved them, but we wanted a longer cruise and we were willing to try Celebrity. One of the main reasons was that the Cruise was out of NJ, which is much closer to home and did not require a flight to Fla. II booked the cruise on the Silhouette knowing that it was a new ship and not much more.

Overall Celebrity did an awesome job. The Silhouette is a magnificent ship. It is well laid out, easy to navigate with some of the most comfortable chairs on the planet. The crew was fantastic, and their attention to detail was superb. The ship was always very clean and the staff was always helpful and very cheerful.

The food was fantastic, served by a superb wait staff that would meet every need. My wife and I are both very aware of the fact that you can come back from cruising with some extra weight, however, the More portion sizes were perfect. The Ocean View Buffet had a great Breakfast with offerings to meet anyone's needs/wants.

If cruising Celebrity, and enjoy alcohol or premium non alcoholic beverages the drink package is a must. The Classic alcohol package cost a tad over $600 per person. Keeping track of our consumption, we saved about $500.00. It is not hard to spend $100 for 2 people per day, it equated to about 5 drinks per person.

The entertainment was excellent. The production crew was vibrant and energetic. The flair is European and lot's of fun.

The only down side was that the night life for the younger crowd was lacking. My wife is 37 and I am 48, we enjoyed the multiple shows that Princess offered, however the quality of the entertainment was superb.

6 sea days were great. I was worried about it being to long but the 3 days going down were relaxing, and after 5 port days 3 days going back were nice. It allowed us to unwind and prepare for the end of our vacation.

Overall it was a fantastic vacation, relaxing and rewarding. I look forward to sailing with them again. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 2142

Great bathroom, the room was large and comfortable. Balcony was OK, not the best, and not the worst

We had no plans. After walking off the boat we ended up taking a taxi for $15 per person and had a GREAT tour of the Island. For $30.00 we had a 3 hour tour of the real island. This included stops at a liquor store where the prices were better than the duty free store. Fresh pineapple was given to us, as well as multiple photo stops.
Read 807 Antigua Reviews

Nice shopping port, clean and great people.

Great day of deep sea fishing. A clean boat with a great deckhand. Caught lots of Black fin tuna, and I caught a dolphin fish. A real nice time, well worth the cost

Nice port, great people. The Nice thing was that there were no other ships in so it was not stupid busy. We did get to sea and see tour that ended up in Margot. The water was cloudy, and overall the tour operator was ok, but I would not rush back to do that. The Bus drive was Great!!! Margot was underwhelming and not a place I would rush to see again.

Underwater Scooter

(5)
If there is one tour to take, this is it. Great crew, with lots of SCUBA divers for safety. They don't sell any pictures so you can get an underwater camera before you leave, or for $20.00 they will sell you a camera. The divers take your pictures, and they do a great job.