Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by paramedic268

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by paramedic268
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: paramedic268
Cruise Date: March 2012
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Trying a different Cruise Line
My wife and I decided to once again take a wonderful and relaxing vacation so I booked a cruise on Celebrity. Our other two cruises were on Princess and we loved them, but we wanted a longer cruise and we were willing to try Celebrity. One of the main reasons was that the Cruise was out of NJ, which is much closer to home and did not require a flight to Fla. II booked the cruise on the Silhouette knowing that it was a new ship and not much more.

Overall Celebrity did an awesome job. The Silhouette is a magnificent ship. It is well laid out, easy to navigate with some of the most comfortable chairs on the planet. The crew was fantastic, and their attention to detail was superb. The ship was always very clean and the staff was always helpful and very cheerful.

The food was fantastic, served by a superb wait staff that would meet every need. My wife and I are both very aware of the fact that you can come back from cruising with some extra weight, however, the portion sizes were perfect. The Ocean View Buffet had a great Breakfast with offerings to meet anyone's needs/wants.

If cruising Celebrity, and enjoy alcohol or premium non alcoholic beverages the drink package is a must. The Classic alcohol package cost a tad over $600 per person. Keeping track of our consumption, we saved about $500.00. It is not hard to spend $100 for 2 people per day, it equated to about 5 drinks per person.

The entertainment was excellent. The production crew was vibrant and energetic. The flair is European and lot's of fun.

The only down side was that the night life for the younger crowd was lacking. My wife is 37 and I am 48, we enjoyed the multiple shows that Princess offered, however the quality of the entertainment was superb.

6 sea days were great. I was worried about it being to long but the 3 days going down were relaxing, and after 5 port days 3 days going back were nice. It allowed us to unwind and prepare for the end of our vacation.

Overall it was a fantastic vacation, relaxing and rewarding. I look forward to sailing with them again.

Publication Date: 03/21/12