Serenade of the Seas 0

Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas

richard iii
Member Since 2010

Overall Member Rating

I needed to balance all of the positive reviews. I was suprised with this ship's second place rating overall. My wife and I decided after sailing on her to never sail on RCCL again. Here's why.

Dining: The main room was just okay with not enough choices and choices of limited quality. Even our waiter agreed.

Portofino: It is a six course Italian meal. But I wanted something else. Sorry. You can't have anything else.

Chops: We loved chops previously. This time, disappointing quality. Imagine a petite filet where they cut the full size one to make it half as thick. What? That's right.

Our impression was that money is now being spent on the upscale ships of the corporation and taking it from Royal Caribbean ships.

Funny story. We had a (Seinfeld reference) dining scheduling nazi. No. You can't have that time. You must have this time. I push a little. Okay, you can have that time. Weird.

Cabins: Nice
Service: Nice
Excursions: More Nice
Entertainment: Fabulous

It really was just the dining experience. We opt now for only Holland (Best standard food we've found) and NCL (yes, you really can have it your way). Less

Serenade of the Seas Cruises to Alaska

Published 02/29/12

Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review

Serenade of the Seas Cruises to Alaska

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?