Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by richard iii

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by richard iii
Serenade of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Member Name: richard iii
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated
Public Rooms Not Rated
Cabins Not Rated
Embarkation Not Rated
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Ship Facts: Serenade of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans
Last RCCL Cruise
I needed to balance all of the positive reviews. I was suprised with this ship's second place rating overall. My wife and I decided after sailing on her to never sail on RCCL again. Here's why.

Dining: The main room was just okay with not enough choices and choices of limited quality. Even our waiter agreed.

Portofino: It is a six course Italian meal. But I wanted something else. Sorry. You can't have anything else.

Chops: We loved chops previously. This time, disappointing quality. Imagine a petite filet where they cut the full size one to make it half as thick. What? That's right.

Our impression was that money is now being spent on the upscale ships of the corporation and taking it from Royal Caribbean ships.

Funny story. We had a (Seinfeld reference) dining scheduling nazi. No. You can't have that time. You must have this time. I push a little. Okay, you can have that time. Weird.

Cabins: Nice

Service: Nice

Excursions: Nice

Entertainment: Fabulous

It really was just the dining experience. We opt now for only Holland (Best standard food we've found) and NCL (yes, you really can have it your way).

Publication Date: 02/29/12
More Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Serenade of the Seas review Read the next Serenade of the Seas review

More Alaska Cruise Reviews