Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by moycruces

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by moycruces
Liberty of the Seas
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Fantastic cruise
Liberty of the Seas was better than we had expected. After having had a bad experience a few years ago on RCCL, I decided to give them another try. I am so glad I did. My husband and I needed an anniversary vacation so we picked Liberty being that it would be the largest ship we have sailed on so far.

We live in the Orlando area so we drove the same morning down to Fort Lauderdale, which is a 3 1/2 hour ride. We decided to check out off site parking and found Park N Go for $7.99 a day and they were only 5 mintues from the ship. They provided valet service where you leave your keys. That saved us more than half of what we would have paid if we parked at the port. Shuttle service is provided to and from the ship.

Check in was a bit long. We were graciously put in the Gold member line seeing that we have previously cruised with them before. Well the computers were down. It took about 45 minutes to check in. I didn't think it was too bad. We finally made it on the ship and went straight to the Windjammer for lunch. What a variety of selections. There were so many different stations to choose from. On some ships there are only 2 sections and lines out the door. With many more stations it made it less crowded and there were absolutely no lines whatsoever. They were also constantly replenishing the food as they were getting low. I was very impressed with the selection.

At 1:30 we made it down to our inside stateroom which was on the deck 6. We decided on an inside stateroom since it was just the 2 of us and we would only be sleeping there anyway. The cabin was a nice size, I have nothing bad to say about it. There were enough closet space and drawers for us with extra to spare. What I really loved about the location of our cabin was the fact that it was directly one deck above our diningroom and Royal Promenade and directly above us on deck 11 was the Windjammer and the pool area. We didn't have to keep walking across the ship for different places.

We left to do to the drill at 3:30 then off to the sailing away party on deck 11. After the sailing away party we went exploring. Wow, the Royal promenade was unbelievable! It really felt like we were on a street with the cafe, pizzeria, Ben and Jerry's etc. The tables they set outside the venues made it a cool place to hang out at any time of day. And if you wanted a cup of coffe, tea, snack, pizza, dessert, you can find it all here in the promenade. No more running all the way up to the top deck. I really didn't feel the ship to be huge, but it was definitely big. I never felt crowded or did I feel I missed out on parts of the ship. There were probably parts I didn't see but I was still very staified. I will review the ports of call, Labadee, Haiti and Falmouth, Jamaica in the port review section but these 2 ports were great.

The shows on the ship were phenomenal!!! I've read reviews about Saturday Night Fever and how it wasn't for them. I thought it was a great production and performance. In the Air was unbelievable as was the Ice show. All the other shows were also great, loved them all and I also think kids would enjoy all of them as well. One thing I thought was great was reservations for the 3 major shows. Worked out great. If you had a reservation you go in 15 minutes ahead of time by scanning your seapass. We always got great seats! I highly recommend making them ahead of time or as soon as you get on the ship.

Food in the actually diningroom was good. I felt we used to have better choices but it was fine. They offer steak everyday in case you are a die hard meat eater. The only complaint I really have is that the desserts were awful and sometimes dinner took 2 hours! Way too long! You start getting tired when you are waiting.

We dined at Portofino on our anniversary. Wow, the food was amazing. You can really taste the difference in the quality of food they serve here. I ordered the lamb chops, perfect! My husband had the seafood medley which included a small lobster tail. And the server was kind enough to perfect our appetizers and even brought an extra shrimp dish for my husband hearing that he loves seafood. The desserts were out of this world. I was kinda weary thinking it would be the same dessert as the diningroom but not at all. Delicious! it was well worth the extra $20 each for this quality of food.

Upon debarkation, it did take a while to get off the ship but we were in no hurry so it didn't really bother us. We disembarked at about 9:45. When we did get off, the lines flowed smoothly through baggage pick up and customs. When we went outside to look for the shuttle back to Park N Go, there was already one there waiting. Hopped right on as the driver took our bags. Seems they are very popular cause there were quite a number of people behind us that had to wait for another shuttle. I highly recommend them! We were driven right to our car with the driver actually starting the car for us, opening our trunk and putting our bags in for us. What service! Driving out we presented the coupon you get on their website for the $7.99 special, paid our $42 and off we went driving home.

I'm gonna review Labadee, Haiti here since it is not on their list of ports.

This is Royal Caribbeans private island. Beautiful island, so many places to chose from to sunbathe or swim. They brought the lunch buffet to the island, usuall bbq food, hamburegers, hot dogs, ribs, salad, etc. my husband went on the dragon coaster and did he have fun! Tehy had a marketplace there that was nice to shop in and then there were the strw markets where they are more persistant. Depending on how you wanted your shopping experience to be is where you shopped. This port is very relaxing and beautiful!

I highly recommend Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas and Park N Go.

Publication Date: 02/25/12