Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by cadteacher

Cruise Date: February 2012
Cabin Category: BA
Entertainment 5+

Epic Exceeds Expectations
I have never failed to enjoy a cruise--anytime I have someone cooking for me and cleaning up after me I'm going to have a good time. We selected this cruise because it offered different entertainment choices than the standard cruise. It turned out to be a great choice. We had a standard mid ship balcony. We were on deck 10 so we had a covered balcony. Lower decks have open balconies. Our balcony was roomier than we've had on other ships. The cabin itself was the standard size and had adequate storage. The bathroom design is very poor, however. Nothing like getting out of your shower and standing in front of the door. I would have preferred a standard bathroom. The only good thing was the shower had a door instead of a shower curtain that sticks to your body! Our cabin steward took good care of us all week and was very friendly.

The meals were good. We enjoyed the Manhattan dining room most nights since they had a small band with a singer to provide music. One night we went to the Japanese restaurant which was excellent. I had worried that the Garden Cafe on a ship this size would be chaos but it was not bad. I never had to wait for more than one or two people to get a made to order omelet at breakfast.

We really enjoyed the entertainment. Blue Man group and Cirque Dreams were outstanding. I did book both of these shows a few weeks before the cruise. The Second City improv show was okay but I enjoyed their Murder Mystery Luncheon more. Howl at the Moon was terrific. At some piano bars there's more talking than playing. Howl at the Moon never stopped. We also made it to the Ice Bar. It was something different but I doubt if I'd ever go again.

The ports were an after thought for us. In all three ports it's easy to get a cab to take you where you want to go. We chose to stay on the ship and enjoy the peace and quiet when we were in Nassau.

Overall it was a great cruise. Maybe the best I've ever taken.

Publication Date: 02/25/12