Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by K. Irizarry: pretty good

pretty good

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

My sister won a cruise for 2 on Celebration cruise line so of course the price was right (no port fees either). I can honestly say we got our money's worth.

As first time cruisers we had a lower expectation of this small cruise than I would have on a larger cruise line like Carnival.

We had our fair share of things gone wrong on this cruise. Weather was not great but we got though it.

Took a while to get on the ship but when we did get on I was excited and liked what I saw. Everything was very clean. Everyone was extremely kind and helpful.
Passengers were all happy and in a good mood, it was FUN! Met so many nice people.
They will lend you a blow dryer, curling iron, straightener and electric converter. You just sign for it, easy and quick.

The buffet was really good before setting sail, it was the best food we ate all weekend. The rest of the food was fair at best. But hey, it's free. Just a note, there is no Bud-light on the ship, which is More our favorite beer.

Our room was a bit small but clean and comfortable.

We were to set sail at 5:30 but was about an hour and a half late in doing so. No big deal but I kinda wanted to see the sunset on the water. Oh well, did not let that dampen our fun time.

My sister and I purchased "SEA BANDS" instead of Dramamine for seas sickness. HUGE MISTAKE. OMG, I was so sick the first night ruined my whole night, no dinner, no drinks just sick in my room til 1:00AM. What a waste of money for the sea bands as they were only good enough to wipe the sweat from my forehead and the mess on my mouth. The ship is small and you feel every wave. A wonderful woman gave me some of her Dramamine at breakfast the next morning and that worked like a charm. I just loved all the people, really super nice people everywhere we went.

We made it to land at 3PM even though we were scheduled at 8AM. Winds were too high and because we were such a small/ budget cruise we had access to only one port. We watched all the big cruise lines go to another ports while we stayed bobbing in the water.

Most of the excursions were canceled so we just took a taxi to the shops and it was fun. It's like a flea market so you can wheal and deal with the vendors. You will need cash for this. Some shops are closed on Sunday but it was still fun.

The casino was great, yes we left with more cash that we started. The shows were a bit chessey but I liked it. The comedian was the best entertainment. We purchased a "Girl's Night Out" package for $25 and that was well worth it. A portion goes to The American Heart Association which made it even better. We got drinks, palm reading, dance classes, mixology class, $25 match casino chips, a bag with some little things inside. Great deal/ great cause=Do it!

Sadly it took FOREVER to get off the ship like 2 hours. The wait was really bad.
Reason being there were only 6 port authority personnel to process 1500 people. Not the cruise-line's fault at all! They didn't even look or scan anyone's luggage.

Overall I had a great time. A few hick-ups but hey my sister won it. We spent a lot less than we thought we would, another nice surprise.

I have no real complaints except I wish the food was better and it didn't take so long to get off the ship. We had a blast! Remember it is what YOU make it!
Would I do it again? ABSOLUTELY! Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration 8447

Small but everything you need it there. Quiet, comfortable bed.

Seemed fine to me.