Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Bloopmnstr

Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Entertainment Not Rated

Good times on the Dream!
I went on this cruise with my boyfriend and we both loved it. The embarkation was fast and easy and we were on the ship eating lunch in no time. Our room steward was very friendly and called us by name the whole cruise. Also, we got towel animals every night. I'm not sure if they do this on all Carnival ships, but our first two cruises we only got them every other night. It REALLY doesn't matter I guess, I was just tickled pink to have them every night though.

Our cabin was 7440, a balcony cabin towards the back of the ship on the port side (deck 7). We LOVED this room. We've been unfortunate enough to have booked both of our previous cruises in very noisy rooms. I researched this area of the ship before booking so I didn't make that mistake again ;) It was quiet and the balcony, too, was quiet. Since we were towards the back of the ship, we had the ocean directly below our balcony. If we would have picked a cabin closer to the middle of the ship, we would've had deck 5 right below our balcony with people walking around. We even walked around deck 5 to see we could see everyone out on their balconies, we did. This might not bother some people, but we like our privacy :).

The food was wonderful. The salads, the quesadillas, the pizza and deserts. *wipes tear* all so good. The ship had a grill that served food on sea days in the middle of deck 5 (I believe the area was called the Lanai) it served nachos, quesodillas, sliders, bratwursts and more. Most of the food was good, except the sliders. They had chewy tendon-like "stuff" in the meat, but it was the only thing on the whole ship that I didn't like. We never did eat dinner in the dinning room, so I can't comment on the food there. However, our muster station was in the crimson dinning room and I can say it was lovely, hehe.

This ship "felt" different too. The lines seemed to be shorter all the time, even at peek hours. It didn't feel crowded at all and we could always find lounge chairs and seats anywhere. The only crowded areas were the pools and bars on sea days (expected though). The motion on the ship was also non-existent. I hardly felt like I was on a ship! I was seasick on our last cruise, so the less movement, the better for me. You know that feeling when you get off the ship and the land feels like its moving? Yeah, we didn't have that feeling.

The service was also exceptional. All of the bartenders, the room steward, the bar waiter at the sports bar were really great. But I was most pleased with customer service because of a shore excursion disaster on Costa Maya. It went terribly wrong and we missed out on a beach day (on our last port too). When we got back from being dropped off at the ship we went to customer service to explain what happened and honestly... I was expecting a negative reaction when asking for a refund. But they understood and we got our refund without hassle. THEN, the next morning we had a message on our phone saying that they also refunded ANOTHER excursion (worth about $200) because we missed out on the beach. That made us very happy.

In all, this ship was really great, right down to the disembarkation as well. We hope to sail on her again soon!

Publication Date: 01/27/12