Carnival Dream Cruise Review by ASUMom2013

Member Name: ASUMom2013
Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 4A

Carnival Dream January 14 - 21, 2012... can I go BACK???
So,I will admit I was very skeptical after reading so many negative comments about the Dream. But, I figured that it was like most things in life, it's what you make of it. And I was right!

From the moment of entering the terminal, everyone was super nice. The lines moved smoothly and quickly. Once we got our sign and sail cards, it was only about 15 minutes before we were able to board the ship.

My husband and I went on this cruise to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Our good friends went with us to celebrate their 20th. So, no kids were along this time. This was our second cruise (both on Carnival) and you just couldn't ask for more than what they deliver. The food was great! Of course, there were a few things that we didn't care for, but that was just preference. The bus driver who carried us from the airport to port said it would be at least 1:00 before we could eat lunch. However, by 11:30 we were onboard and in the Lido deck enjoying a wonderful Italian lunch. We were just beginning to hear of the Costa ConCordia disaster and the Cruise Director came on the intercom welcoming everyone and asked to have a moment of silence for the victims. I never really felt afraid because I figured that the Captain would be ever MORE careful now than he might would have been.

Our stateroom was an inside one. We didn't spend the extra to get the frills and there was plenty of room for the two of us. Our stateroom steward, Jenny, was just AMAZING! She was so sweet, we were hugging her in the hall every time we saw her.

We had the late seating for dinner (8:15) and we liked it because we could get all our activities in throughout the day before cleaning up for dinner. Our wait staff was just wonderful. Alex, I Made and Subagia... we had the best time carrying on with them. They were very attentive to us and had us laughing every night.

We went to Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. It rained some in St. Maarten, but we still got our excursion in. I think my favorite place was St. Thomas. We snorkeled and it was a lot of fun... not to mention the unlimited RUM punch on the sail back!!

All in all, we had a GREAT time on the Dream. Yes, there were a few lines every now and then, but when you are on vacation, you shouldn't be in such a hurry anyway. We will definitely go back!!

If you are thinking of booking or are already booked, you will not regret your trip. Those that complained of the noisy cabins were probably on a deck underneath the casinos, lounges, etc. The key to that is to be sure you book a room on a floor that has rooms above and below you. That simple.

Can't wait to plan the next one!!

Publication Date: 01/25/12