Carnival Elation Cruise Review by amazednconfused

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Elation Cruise Review by amazednconfused
Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation
Member Name: amazednconfused
Cruise Date: November 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans
Cabin Number: e18
Shore Excursions 5+

Great Vacation on the Elation!
have some lunch. It was in the 40's in New Orleans the day of embarkation so I didn't spend much time on deck! I watched us sail out of New Orleans from the window in our stateroom. Stateroom was all set up for us when we arrived, but we didn't meet our cabin steward until the next day.

Once we were into the Gulf the ship hit some 4 to 5 foot swells and I heard many people say the ship was rocking more than they were used to. Had a great meal in the MDR (Imagination) and called it a day because the motion of the ship was really getting to me, despite taking my motion sickness pills.

Woke up on day 2 to gorgeous weather, still very windy and the swells were still about the same. Didn't seem to be keeping people from enjoying themselves. Took advantage of the day at sea to explore the ship and do some hardcore relaxing! Elegant night in the MDR with Your Time Dining was a bit of a challenge, with about a 45 minute wait. The food was excellent and we were surprised by a little dessert tray in our stateroom apologizing for the long wait for dinner!

Day 3. Room service for breakfast. Arrived right on time and exactly as ordered. Getting coffee delivered is a beautiful thing! Did a Mayan Ruins tour in Progreso and had a marvelous time! Had lunch in a local restaurant and caught the rattletrap shuttle bus back to the ship. Oh, and we got my engagement ring in a little shop near the duty free shop.

Day 4. Ate breakfast at the buffet on Lido. Not terribly exciting, but at least we didn't leave the ship hungry. Cozumel was amazing. Did a little shopping, then headed to Mike's Ocean Beach, a $13 cab ride. The staff were more than attentive to our needs, kept our bucket of beer full and made a point of getting to know our names. The water seemed chilly at first, but I spent at least an hour swimming, so I know it couldn't have been too cold. I'm still recovering from the sunburn. Mental note: Take PABA Free sunscreen with me next time. Did a bit more shopping and picked up souvenirs for the family and tequila for my sister and then back to the ship. Snacked at the Sushi Bar early and then had a late Dinner in the MDR. No lines, no waiting.

The last day at sea was full on relaxation for me and the fiance. We at breakfast in the MDR, much better than the buffet. Lunch at the buffet. Spent the afternoon curled up in a good book because I was coming down with a cold and was avoiding making my sunburn worse. Dinner in the MDR. Service in the MDR was excellent every night, but our waiter, Conrad, and his team on this particular night were FANTASTIC!

At some point in all this we went to the past guest party, because my fiance went on a Carnival Cruise when he was EIGHT and they had him on file. Spent a little time and money in the casino, more for fun than anything else and won more than we lost, plus a free t-shirt.

Our room steward made himself nearly invisible but we made it difficult for him to figure out when we were going to be gone, but being just a tiny bit unpredictable, but he did a great job!

The only negative experience was the amazing disappearing OBC that occurred because guest services printed our excursion tickets. So, for a 24-hour period we had an additional $119 OBC as a result. I noticed this right away and made a point of asking about it. The guest services representative told me that the statement was accurate but I was skeptical, there's never a chance that someone's just going to hand you an extra $100 in OBC that you didn't in some way earn. The next morning the credit was gone. Not terribly stressful, but definitely something to be aware of.

Can't wait for our next cruise!!

Publication Date: 12/12/11