Carnival Valor Cruise Review by alskas: Fun Cruise with our Teenagers

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Fun Cruise with our Teenagers

Sail Date: November 2011

This is my husband and mine 3rd Carnival Cruise and our kids 1st. Years ago when they were small we placed a large water bottle by our washing machine and started putting money found in the laundry in it. We always called it their cruise fund. Well last year while on our cruise on the Victory we realized how old they were getting and decided to cash it in. Their cruise was completely paid for.

With other family members joining in their was a total of eight of us. We left Jacksonville on Saturday November 26 and stayed at the Air Force Base in Homestead,FL. Beautiful rooms for $39.00 a night. Will definitely stay here again. We explored Miami Saturday and Saturday Night. Got up early Sunday and headed to the Port. At no fault to Carnival it took for ever to get aboard the ship.

After getting on the ship at approx. 2:30PM we went to see if our rooms were ready and they were. Nice Balcony Suite. Much smaller than I expected after sailing on Victory. Same category More room, bathroom half the size. Our kids had inside rooms. They were nice and they loved their Steward Fiera. I will say here that the entire ship smelled of smoke. We would get up in the mornings and open our door to the horrible smell of smoke. I will be sure from now on that I am more than one floor above the Casino.

The sail away party was pitiful and should have just been nixed. In the past the party starts before leaving the dock. We were half way out of port before it even began.

We were not able to tender in Grand Cayman due to rough seas. We were disappointed since this was the one island we were all very excited about. Thumbs Up to Carnival for automatically refunding us with out us having to do anything. even though they added things to the schedule for the day it was still very boring. You can only sing so much Karaoke and play so much BINGO!
Their is a really nice Disco that seemed to go unused for the most part. I know it opened up later at night but the attendance was low.

Roatan was beautiful the Shipwreck and Reef Snorkel is Awesome! We booked through Carnival and had a great time. Cannot wait to do it again.

Belize was disappointing. We did not know what to expect and should have put more research into it. If going here book and Excursion.

Cozumel was BEAUTIFUL!!! We started out to just hang out around the shops and PORT. We ended up going through the shops pretty quickly so we rented a passenger van and drove the Island. You have to driver the coastline on the other side of the Island. It is GORGEOUS! We then stopped at the Senor Iguana and had a great lunch. The picture taking there is great they have a beautiful beach. We then went and saw the Mayan Ruins there. Which were neat and really interesting. Had no problems everyone was very nice and made us all feel very comfortable.

The shows were good not Great! Heard Goose the Cruise Director on the over head a lot and he was present in the Ivanhoe during Main Shows.

Our Head Waiter Charles was awesome and made friends with our Family very quickly. He is going on leave and then moving to the Dream for his next contract. We were excited to hear this since that is our next planned ship. Now we just have to be sure and request him as our waiter. Roger and Seshaw was his support staff and they are great as well.

I was disappointed in the food. Not bad but not as good as in the past either. I honestly found myself not caring to eat.

The ports is what made this cruise and having our kids there and experiencing it with them. I truly am thinking of changing my vacations from cruises to All Inclusive Resorts instead.

I hope my review helps someone else have a great time and HAPPY Cruising to you. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Balcony Upper 6423

Very Noisy Location. Was directly across from Crew Space. Could hear them at all hours of the night banging the doors coming and going. It is only one floor above the Casino so the smell of smoke greeted us every time we left the room and at times could smell the smoke in the room. The crew has cart with a squeaking wheel that went up and down the hall at all hours of the night.

Read 3099 Cozumel Reviews

We were not able to get off due to rough Seas.

Read 1645 Roatan Reviews