Carnival Valor Cruise Review by TipsyTess: A nice Get Away

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

A nice Get Away

Sail Date: October 2011

My husband and I came with another couple on this cruise and it was fairly easy getting on the ship. We went to eat before going to our rooms. Everyone had to go to the safety briefing and they would not start until everyone was there so because there were a lot of people who decided to waltz on deck with drinks in there hands we missed the sail away which was disappointing.

They do take lots of photos of you if you want and I would recommend it because most pictures you end up throwing out but there were a few that are worth buying. They do add up in price but we don't get our pictures done very often. I did find quite of few children aboard but most times you never saw them. Halloween some young and old dressed up but we did not want to pack extra for a one day event.

Formal meals are a lot different then I remember as men do not have to wear ties anymore and my husband liked that.

We ate in the Washington dining room, early seating. There were 8 of us at More the table and our new friends we met were so much fun to be with. We looked forward each night to seeing each other. Our waiter was awesome and he was always there right away for us. I would recommend to anyone who gets the top floor to change to the bottom floor as that is where they do the waiter shows so you can see so much more from your seats. I some kind of seafood at each dinner and was pleased with it. You could get as many lobsters as you like at that certain dinner. The waiter was the one who kept coming to us asking if we would like another one.

I did not like swimming with a bunch of kids so swam at the adult pool or went to Serenity on deck 12, an adults only area.

The Casino I only played in a couple of times as they had very few machines for non smokers and even the you would see people smoking there and no one made them get off.

The Entertainment was OK but they must change things up. The Magic show was pretty good as the newly wed game had us laughing but was not so funny the following week when we were on the Glory and heard pretty much same thing. If taking a double cruise do not use same cruise lines for both as so much is the same, food entertainment, etc.

Movies this week were pretty much for kids so I went to my t.v. in the room to watch movies.
The walking/jogging track is great and worth getting up early to see the sun come up.
Our room 1453 was in a very quiet place and hardly ever heard people walking the halls. The cleaning crew were in and out that we hardly ever saw them and they did a great job.
Food is plentiful on board and we tried many, the pizza was good but for those that get the fish and chips, you should put your food on a plate. We never and the red paper gets stuck to your food when you cut into your fish so you have to pick it off. I just ended eating the inside of the fish and we never ate that again.

I am not a coffee drinker and enjoyed either the lemonade which was very good and in the mornings the passion fruit juice was so good.

Debarkation we ate in the dining room then played cards on the Lido deck until they announced for the last 48 to come leave the ship. No waiting but we did have to wait for our luggage. I would do self luggage the next time.

One thing we did and heard many others did also was go to front desk and take service gratuity off, the $70.00 each and you get envelopes and tip to who you want to. I find that more personal that way and write a little something to show we liked what they did for us. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Oceanview Riviera 1453

We did enjoy our room but think next time we will upgrade to balcony but are a bit worried the people next to us are smokers and we would not be able to sit outside. It would be nice if one side of the ship is for non smokers.

I took the Ba cab Eco Park Horseback Safari tour. After we either sat our swam in the pool which was awesome. Everyone pretty well stayed with there on group so I kind of felt left out as I was by myself but still happy I came. There are lockers to put your things but if you loose the key it will cost you I think 20 dollars. Lunch was included and was very good.

We took a tour around and enjoyed it.
Read 1646 Roatan Reviews