Costa Victoria Cruise Review by BetsyCruiser: Cheesy

Cheesy

Sail Date: November 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

I was not impressed by Costa Cruise Lines. We sailed on the Victoria Nov. 19, 2011. They do not communicate well (with Americans)seemingly by choice. The cruise got off to a bad start in Venice (where we were to board). The port fogged in and the ship had to divert to another port 2 hours away. We had to sit in the ships terminal building for about 5 hours. They loaded the passengers onto tour buses and did not tell anyone where we were going. I will never "assume" the other knows important info(such as this)again. We rode in silence for 2 hours in the dark foggy night to be dumped off in the town Trieste and take a 10 min walk to the ship. We then had to wait another several hours for the ship to disembark, be cleaned, etc. We finally got to line up and board. What line? it was a mad house with everyone pushing and shoving. NO security and the cruise employees did not care or seem to notice. Anyone could have boarded the ship. Very lax in security. On board, there was no rhyme or More reason to order. The English speaking guests went into a public area to get "numbers" to get off the ship in a port and push and shove once more. I think the cruise staff must have been tired ? Not very organized.

We then sailed and were behind to our next port in Croatia and only got few hours there in the dark. It was very pretty place however I was disappointed we could not ride the cable car there

The port of Naples....that is a nightmare. Dirty, congested and pickpocket city! We got a cab and went out of town to see the Pompeii ruins. We hurried along as there is not much time in the ports. We boarded when we were supposed to and sat on our balcony and watched as others boarded late - we could have stayed another hour. I do not think Europeans know what "rules" mean.

The food on ship was much like hospital food. And the guests did not dress properly to dine in the dining room. So much for the clothes I packed.
The food was better on the back of the ship in the outside area. They only served water - no ice tea. Drinks (both Cola and alcohol were expensive).

Our waitstaff was good and our stateroom steward was great and kept our room very tidy. The bad grades would be for the management staff level. They seemed to ignore the passengers and very haughty attitudes.

The shows in the lounge were worst I have ever seen and costumes were ugly. I was embarrassed for them (dancers/singers). Only went to that once.

I do recommend a cruise - just not on Costa. I will not go on another Costa cruise. But again, I got what I paid for. Less

Read more Costa Victoria cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Victoria Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Victoria Oceanview with Veranda Tosca Deck

It was usual. I would not cruise without the balcony. And only one English speaking TV channel and was news channel most of time or re run of a movie

Explored a seaside fort - beautiful. Then dined at a street side cafe. Food in ports great.
Read 271 Corfu Reviews

Would have been great if we had of arrived as planned but only got a few hours there and it was dark

Pretty port and views beautiful

Skip it! So crowded, dirty and congested and loud. Sitting duck for pickpockets. Our cab driver warned us about the areas and said only stay close to ship area
Read 652 Naples Reviews