Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by Jtd724: Jewel of the Seas was exactly that.

Jtd724
Member Since 2004

Compare Prices on Jewel of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Jewel of the Seas was exactly that.

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Tampa

This is my first review but my tenth cruise. All of my previous have been on other RCCL ships. This was my fiancee's first cruise though.

Embarkation: Absolute breeze. Went to the priority check in line for C&A members and was on the ship in about 8 or 9 minutes after leaving the hotel shuttle. We boarded the ship at 1:15 and our rooms were available.

Room: Our room was 9260 at the rear of the ship with a very nice extended private balcony that fit 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table to eat. Room was very clean and had no complaints. Our stateroom attendant was very sweet and did her job well. No complaints there either.

Food: I booked Portofino for the second night and Chops for the third. Biggest regret ever. I am done with the specialty restaurants, at least those 2. The main dining room food never ever lets me down and the variety each night as well as getting to know your waiter staff is great. The veal was blah at Portofino and the NY strip was chewy and More nothing special at all. I really love the main dining room. I truly think they take as a true challenge to make food better then the ones you pay for. Even if it is going down a line of cooks. It never lets me down! Windjammer, Seaview Cafe, Room Service all were great. Really, did not have 1 bad meal on board. Eggs can be made to order in the WJ, had great eggs over easy every morning. And the OJ actually tasted good for once, I usually hate RCCL OJ.

Entertainment: Really good comedian and I forgot his name. They had 2 broadway type shows but didn't impress me too much. The final night was great with the RCCL Orchestra the Cruise Director and the world champion juggler who was extremely good and funny.

All the public spaces looked really clean and elegant. Didn't see any wear and tear except for a handrail they were working on near the waterslide/basketball court area.Casino was busy every night, looked really good too. My fiance won $600 off a slot. Went to a movie in the cinema which is a really nice one with stadium seating and authentic movie theatre feel. Just needed popcorn. There are so many windows to the sea I really am falling in love with it more then the Freedom/Voyager class. I really feel like I'm on a cruise on this one as opposed to a floating hotel if ya know what I mean.

We will be back. She is hooked just as I am now. Less

Read more Jewel of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Jewel of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Jewel of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 7 9260

Our cabin 9260 was great. The extended private balcony can't be beat

(5)
We literally swam with sharks. 5 foot long nurse sharks. 5 of them. It was unreal. We even petted them.
Read 1069 Reviews