Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by jack1945: The Sun never did shine for us

Norwegian Sun 3
jack1945
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Eastern Caribbean Cruises

The Sun never did shine for us

Sail Date: November 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

The upgrade to a penthouse suite we received was almost the only saving memory of this cruise. We used Port Canaveral Shuttle for out transfers and were very pleased. We had VIP so getting onto the ship was a breeze. We were blown away by our cabin ..... incredible. But then we went to the buffet.

The buffet is chopped up into several stations. Only you don't know where one line ends and the next begins until someone YELLS at you. The chef that severs at the station is not always there, so you wait or ask someone to find him.

Next we went to dinner. It was so bad we decided not to return. My lobster tails we made of rubber, or so it seemed. DW's roasted rosemary chicken was really boiled with a couple of flakes of rosemary added. The next day was NFL day so we got pizza in our room. It was better I can get at home for $5, but charging for room service food on a cruise .... c'mon man!

Monday we decided to try the Italian restaurant @ $10 pp. The best More comment anyone of the four of could come up with was it was OK. The other 3 people were disappointed. I thought I was going to starve on a cruise. Who ever heard of that??

We were saved the next 2 nights. The Steakhouse and the French restaurant are well worth the $25 pp. We also eat at the Japanese restaurant, food so-so chefs were entertaining, and the Brazilian Steakhouse, disappointing when compare with other Brazilian Steakhouses we have eaten at.

Needless to say, we were looking for the end of the cruise. We had run out of restaurants. Getting off the ship was a nightmare and we had VIP. Everyone was funneled into the Four Seasons MD. This created an unbelievable bottle neck. I was expecting some people to come to blows. It is hard to believe the ship follows this procedure every week.

I wish I could say we had a wonderful time .... but. The major problem is that we were already booked on another cruise on the Sun next summer. It is to the Baltic capitals and I was really looking for ward to it .... but Less

Published 11/18/11

Read more Norwegian Sun cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sun Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sun Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: SE9276

Great cabin!! If only I get this kind of upgrade on all my future cruises.

Skip X