Carnival Dream Cruise Review by rolanduzer

Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 4H
Value-for-Money 5+

Dream On
We were rerouted to eastern Caribbean from western due to the hurricane. Not my favorite choice, but they put back all our excursions as credit. Another reason to book excursions through Carnival. I like finding excursions once we come into port but if you want to book in advance and have to put money down, I recommend booking through the cruise line.

The Dream is a nice boat, but has a few problems with traffic flow. Decks 4 and 5 only have a walkway down one side and ii is not nearly wide enough to get by at night when all the photographers set up. We also found the elevators small and slow. I have never waited so long for an elevator and many times elected to use the stairs.

Food was average for cruise ship food, but we had crimson dining room and the service was the best. Normally we don't think the maitre d does much but the wonderful gentleman in the crimson was the busiest guy on the boat. He walked the dining room every night to visit tables and we saw him at the buffet for lunch every day making sure the food was acceptable. Great guy!

Comedy shows were boring, and Jeff the fun dude was not fun. He was rude to us on more than one occasion when we asked simple questions. Service in the comedy show lounge was also the worst on the boat.

Entertainers on the boat were interesting. The main band was great, very talented. The duo in the atrium was fantastic with a huge repertoire of music. Unlike the guitar guy near the casino with about a 10 song repertoire. He couldn't sing, he was the worst guitar faker...I really was surprised Carnival hired him. The piano player in the piano lounge and the lady who played in the Atrium both had skills of a middle school piano player. The other bands were good. I sat with a couple who sailed on the dream two years ago and told me all the shows were the same from then. I thought the main shows were good but a bit long.

Never sailed over a holiday before, but this was a Halloween cruise. Thanks to cruise critic we knew about the costume party and door decorations. Halloween was a great night. They did a great job with the decorations and we were surprised at the number of people in costume and such amazing costumes. I would do it again for sure.

Overall we enjoyed ourselves as we always do but you have to make your own fun sometimes. I probably won't sail on the Dream again, but we do like the value Carnival gives for your dollar so we will find another.

Publication Date: 11/09/11