Marco Polo Cruise Review by Wendy McGrath: Shatters bad reviews , Beyond expectations ( keep it secret)

Wendy McGrath
0 Post

Shatters bad reviews , Beyond expectations ( keep it secret)

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

Looking at some of the reviews we were bit anxious, other reviews said "Surly easter european staff) Poor food? Not sure where these people found the surly eastern european staff but all the staff on our cruise, without exception were helpful(beyond their duty), smiling and friendly. Nothing was too much trouble for our waiter, Tristan, assistant Ivan wine waiter Zjeleko. Our cabin staff Radastina Nicolova was attentive and alwasy their when needed. Our room was spotless and not sure how we manage at home without Tina turning down our bed or putting towel animals to entertain us.

Yes our room was 3* plus but we cruise to enjoy the sites and experience waking up in a different place every day. If you want five star all inclusive in modern plush hotels go to a hotel!

People on this cruise either loved it or moaned. To all those who moaned about the food, (how much can you eat?) There was masses of food, plently of choice and there were very few hours when food wasnt More being served.One comment was the plates were not hot,!! The salad had things in? One woman asked me what artishoke was? Another said I can get white cabbage at home? There was no pleasing some people but I never had the same soup twice, I tried most of them my favourites were Almond soup, Edam soup and garlic soup.

We ate in the buffet for breakfast and lunch, we rarely had room for afternoon tea and had a lovely 6 course meal each evening waited on by the best ever team. Breakfast was equal to any with continental and english choices.
We would have enjoyed sit down breakfast instead of buffet breakfast if we could have chosen where we sat, as we sat two times with people who ignored us at breakfast as they appeared to have bad smell under their noses or people who moaned ..

Come on moaners why come on a cruise if you dont like foreigners!! Yes I heard several couples moaning about the number of foereign staff! Hello you are travelling to foreign coutries! Again I will say ALL STAFF WERE FABULOUS. Even the deck hands cleaning and putting out deckchairs and beds did so with a smile and tried to speak english politely.

The excursions were well organised. All staff again were very patient with less abled people who booked onto excursions which clearly stated 3 hours walking on uneven ground! Other passengers were less patient but my hats off to staff again for organising Taxi's for those who couldn't walk any further ! and placating the moaners who got fed up of waiting for less abled to catch up. A Little plea, READ THE DESCRIPTION BEFORE BOOKING AN EXCURSION AND CONSIDER YOUR FELLOW PASSENGERS.We had less time at some stops because we were held up. There are other tours for leass abled so please seek advise of staff before booking trips.

Entertainment was great Richards Sykes was attentive to passengers and staff and seemed a lovely guy. Whoever booked and interviewed entertainers did a great job.

One last person Oki and Radastina always had a smile. Oki in particular was lovely Hello to all of Marco Polo staff we shall certainly see you again we hope very soon.

One little request. Could you mark one area of sun beds and seats (Quiet area) I found it difficult to get away sometime to enjoy the old charm and beauty of the sea.

Read more Marco Polo cruise reviews >>