Carnival Dream Cruise Review by platinumcruiserbg

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Dream Cruise Review by platinumcruiserbg
Carnival Dream
Carnival Dream
Member Name: platinumcruiserbg
Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

Reviewing the reviewers
This cruise was my family's 12th, of which 11 have been with Carnival. Once again, we were all very satisfied and even booked our next cruise while on board. Reading other people's reviews is both amusing and entertaining for my family and me. In fact, we've come up with a few categories into which nearly every review can be placed: (1) the snob reviewer; (2) the kid-hater reviewer; (3) the I-didn't-finish-Second-Grade reviewer; and (4)the objective reviewer. In an effort to be the objective reviewer, as we are neither snobs, kid haters, nor uneducated people, here is the scoop on the Carnival Dream: Embarkation was a breeze, but finding a place to sit and eat lunch upon arrival was a challenge, as it seemed all 4000 guests were vying for a table in the Gathering. Eventually, we did find a seat and lunch was good. The food quality seemed better on this cruise than on previous ones. The activities on board were plentiful and were offered for a wide array of audiences - everything from comedy to trivia to games to kid events. The shows were good, and my personal favorite was the Carnival Legends' Show, which features guests singing famous "legends" songs. It is difficult to be bored while cruising. The ports are always fun, and the people you meet there are friendly and just trying to make a buck. My oldest son and I took a cab ride into Coxen Hole, Roatan and got a taste of how the locals lived. Overall, there is no such thing as a bad cruise. I would change, however, the following: the future cruise presentation wasn't effective. Some guy sitting behind a desk on a computer isn't helpful. It also would be good to have some designated crew members picking up room service leftovers, which were heaped up on the floor outside cabins. Having more drink stations spread throughout the ship would be nice, too.
Publication Date: 10/10/11