Carnival Dream Cruise Review by aksguitarman

Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 8C
See More About: Carnival Dream Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Dream Western Mediterranean Cruise
This was our first European cruise. I was concerned about the time restrictions in port and not being able to see everything that I wanted to see. This was not the case. Carnival did an excellent job in organizing, facilitating, and managing the shore excursion process. I don't think I could have seen this much on my own. We also had an excellent tour guide in Florence, Italy by the name of Paul Costa. If you take the all day Florence cruise, try to get him.

This was also a new ship for the Carnival line. It was a pretty typical Carnival ship, just a bit bigger and had an awesome SPA. We had purchased a SPA membership for the week, which made for a relaxing end of day activity. The wait staff was outstanding and the food was excellent! The only thing I didn't like was the coffee. Every day we would get off the ship in search of coffee. I don't know what is up with that.

Carnival is repositioning the ship to Galveston, TX and replacing it with the Carnival Breeze that will remain in Europe.

The was our second Carnival cruise and I really have to applaud them on this one. This was one of our best vacations ever. Carnival really has their act together!

Publication Date: 10/10/11