Disney Dream Cruise Review by chef fatcat

Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Disney Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Dream Deck Plans
Disney Dream is just that - A dream
My wife and I finally decided to go on a cruise to celebrate our 50th birthdays. After much homework we finally decided on the new Disney Dream and boy were we glad we did. Right from the time we entered the airport, Disney took care of everything - they were the most organized company that I have ever dealt with. The ship itself is absolutely gorgeous - our stateroom was immaculate and roomy. The restaurant's and meals far surpassed my expectations, and this is coming from a master chef who has been in the hospitality business for over 30 years. Make sure you book a night in Palo - a truly wonderful experience. A day in the spa as well was a blissful but costly treat. The service was impeccable from everyone on-board. The shows were true Disney delights and there was so much activities going on throughout the day that it is impossible to get board. I could talk all day about the great things on this ship, but I find it more helpful to report the negative so that both Disney and the cruisers can learn from this.

The few negatives I found, and believe me they are very minor in the scheme of things were as follows.

The pool areas are simply too crowded during the day. We stayed in the adult section but the pool is not well thought out. There is no swimming, but rather soaking in a small crowed area with a bunch of other adults - not very inviting. Disney should consider another adult pool in the forward section of the boat where we found lots of free space.

The elevators, though beautiful were constantly full and a waiting period was almost a certain. Perhaps a few more in the main section of the ship are needed.

There were 2 free drink stations for soft drinks, coffee etc in the stern area of deck 11, but none in the forward part of the ship - this meant a bit of a walk if you wanted to get a drink. Have 2 stations in the forward as well.

Other than these minor complaints we really cannot find anything else to complain about - the cruise was simply fantastic and we cant wait to do it again. Disney made sure everything was as smooth as silk - from the time we boarded to the time we dis-embarked, to our bus rides to and from the airport, our luggage - all went exactly as planned with little or no waiting. Well done!

Publication Date: 10/02/11