Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by ramrod75: Fun Times At Sea With My Family

Fun Times At Sea With My Family

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Embarkation: Los Angeles

I just returned from my Mexican Riviera cruise. I went with my girl and our daughter. This was our 4th cruise overall and 3rd on Carnival. This was however, our first time on Carnival Splendor. I had read numerous reviews prior to sailing and the reviews were mixed. I must say we had a great time every day. Obviously there were things we liked and disliked or thought could be improved on.

The embarkation process was excellent. We were on the ship by noon. Our room wasn't ready, but we did drop off our carry on luggage. We went straight to the buffet.

Due to it being early we were able to get a deck chair in front of the big screen. They were showing a NFL football game. I enjoyed the rotisserie chicken station one level above the buffet. We relaxed there for awhile and then walked around the ship for a bit. Our bags didn't get to our room until 4pm which didn't make me happy. They searched my bags but said they didn't find anything, but there was a smell left on my More clothes. That was my biggest complaint for sure. Muster drill went by very quickly and we were off and sailing.

The highlights for us were the comedians, Karaoke Live, the ports of call and Camp Carnival. The lowlights would be the dance club being empty every night, the burrito bar and mongolian grill closing at 2:30 or 3:30pm everyday, sushi only being from 5-8:15pm and them not going to Mazatlan. One of the other lowlights was the fact the gym was rather small. It was a tight fit in there around the free weights and machines. Less

Read more Carnival Splendor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Splendor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Splendor Interior Main 2220

Our cabin was great. We had 2 porthole windows that were great. Very spacious room. The couch converted to a sofa bed for our 3 year old. A lot of closet space as well. Refrigerator was really small considering they put their stuff in it.

We only got off in Cabo the first day. The tender process was painless. We weren't in a rush to get off, so we waited for awhile. Once we got there we had a blast walking around and shopping. It was really hot and humid.

Puerto Vallarta was cool. We took a taxi to downtown. Did some shopping and sight seeing. Had a lot of fun.