Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by disgruntleddiane: not satisfied

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Bermuda Cruises

not satisfied

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

For the price of the cruise per night I could have stayed in a 5 star hotel. .

First the ship needs some refurbishing in the staterooms. Furniture was all nicked, the coach was stained. the Balcony was full of rust and paint spots.

I found the entertainment to be terrible. Any of the so called pool parties etc. were only 1 hour. Every where you went there was another camera in your face or a ship employee putting arms around you, even when you asked not to be photographed they were insistent.

Stateroom was cramped, the bed vibrated the entire cruise and we were on the 10th deck can't imagine what the people below felt. Air conditioning worked when it felt like. Never met my stateroom attendant. Requested an ash tray and waited two days. Called room service and the average wait for an answer was well over 10 minutes. Mixed drinks were awful unless you asked for premium liquor and paid extra for it. Food was not even a step up from cafeteria quality. /All in More all the food was awful whether in the dining room or cafe. Sada plan was an absolute joke they made it very inconvenient for you to fill the container they gave you and the container was clumsy to carry around.

The pool decks were extremely slippery, pool water cold. I think this should be called a low budget cruise. I will never cruise with them again and a matter of fact this was my first and last cruise with them or anyone else. Sailed for 39 hours to spend 27 hours at Bermuda and sailed another 39 hours what a waste.

The port Kings Wharf was a dead port of call. There was nothing open after 4:30pm. I sat on my balcony at a resort location at 8:30pm and saw darkness. You really could not get a beach day and see the island terrible. I could do more at home than on the ship. Worst call was after we sailed out of Cape Liberty late by over a half hour we went to sea for 2 and a half hours to only turn around and go back to drop off a sick patient because the family had no insurance for a chopper lift off and they wanted to go with the patient. Wouldn't it have been cheaper for the cruise line to pick up the tab for the chopper instead of spending thousands more to bring the ship back? Makes you wonder if we pay for that cost.

Room service sent free juice every morning except the 4Th day of the cruise they informed me there was a charge. Feel we lost time in Bermuda and the cruise line did nothing to compensate you for it. In ending this cruise was a nightmare! NEVER AGAIN!!!!!! Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Explorer of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Explorer of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 6 1364

Bed vibrated entire cruise, air conditioning poor, furniture all nicked, coach stained, small shower felt like I was in an iron lung, could not drop anything and pick it up. TV remote had all numbers wore off and TV kept shutting off. Two people could not be in the same area at the same time. Cabin space small I think the closet was larger than the bathroom. Did have enough storage space. Beds were not comfortable, could use new mattresses and new furniture. All in all very disappointed for what it cost.

Far from everything, Horseshoe Bay beach half hour away and very expensive when you went to rent a beach chair $$11.00 per chair, $11.00 per umbrella and the cab was $38.00 one way. Beach closed at 6pm. Store in Hamilton closed to early 5:00 pm. Did not give you any information on restaurants on the Island. Kings Wharf was nothing more than an old military base. Crumbling buildings and ripped off roofs on several buildings. Look to the left of the ship and there was the docks that Bermuda receives its supplies at. Across the street from the ship you got to look at tug boats. Found this port horrible, But I guess Royal Caribbean gets more money from its cruisers because you are very secluded from all.