Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by MFS1961

Explorer of the Seas
Explorer of the Seas
Member Name: MFS1961
Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: E1
Entertainment Not Rated

Family Celebration
Overall we were happy with our voyage.Started out by locking my keys in the car in Cape Liberty parking lot. Met a few good friendly people who tried to help! Thanks Angel. My 54th Birthday with my wife, daughter, and youngest son.

We sailed Freedom 2 years ago together for my sons 16th. The kids loved it. The Explorer is a smaller class ship. Yes. she is a little older, but we found the RC is doing a great job keeping her looking new and running smooth. As usual on a cruise, if you are friendly and compassionate to what these people working aboard do to make you feel like Royalty, I have always been treated like a king. Same feeling on this cruise. We did do a return to Cape Liberty for a medical emergency and I would like to hope the best for all guests involved with that. We arrived in Bermuda 1/2 hour later than scheduled which was not to bad.

We had calm seas all week with the Hurricane season breathing down our necks. weather for 75% of the trip was outstanding. The Dockyard is a gorgeous, quiet and clean port. Very relaxing which is what we were looking for this time around. Horseshoe Bay was one of the best beaches we visited in our lives. Did a wave runner tour with the family, it was a great way to see intimacies of such a beautifully clean environment. Mom and My daughter enjoyed it, but said that it was in their bucket from here on in.

The only thing I wish was that this would become a seven day with staying docked in Bermuda from Monday to Thursday afternoon. I would book it in a heartbeat. Cruising to an island makes the adventure. We enjoyed staying away from the airport, so that was a plus. Buy a couple large Rum cakes at the Dockyard, bought a small one, so delicious, two large next time. We used taxi service on our second day and would never take public transportation on the island again. Only because the drivers are so friendly and knowledgeable, you really got the feel for the life of the people living there. Today is one week from our final night, I am still in Bermuda and if RC offers a seven night to Bermuda, we will be there. Life is what you make it and we were very pleased with all accommodations and crew. Hope to sail again soon!

Publication Date: 09/24/11