Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by angelsx22: Great Family Vacation

Family & Children 2.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great Family Vacation

Sail Date: August 2010
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Our Vacation on the Carnival Miracle August 2010

Our group consisted of myself (ME) my darling husband (DH) and two pre teen boys ages 11& 10 (TB).

We booked our cruise threw a local travel agent to sail on the Carnival Miracle. back in November of 2009 and had to change the departure date in April of 2010 when we found out about school starting earlier than expected. Went and got our passports just like we were told we needed.(fairly simple process if you have all the paperwork). Finally it was time to cruise. We hired a limo to transport us to the pier. (I don't drive in Manhattan at all!)

We arrived at the New York pier without a problem check in was quick and painless maybe it took us 10 minutes. I had all of our documents and fun-pass out and ready to be processed. Then its time to board the ship and time for the first of many pictures to be taken of us. We were told we could not access our state room until 2pm and that lunch was being served on the More lido deck. Well that was an interesting experience the lido deck was packed with people after walking around for 20 minutes we finally found 4 seats together. Then one at a time we went to the buffet for lunch. When I (ME) went up to the buffet I bumped into my youngest sons friend and his family. What a surprise both families booked the same vacation. Well back to the buffet. The part I don't like about buffets is the entitled people (you know the ones that feel that they are too good to wait in line like everyone else!) The food at the buffet was surprisingly very good.

When the all clear was given we went to check out our stateroom.Deck 7 the Verandah deck cabin 7242 Really nice room loved the balcony! When in our room we could not hear anyone around us. The bathroom was surprisingly spacious. our room steward Remus was absolutely fabulous the entire cruise. He knew who we were within the first night of the cruise. I loved the towel creatures he made every night! There was one issue with the room that we were not aware of until the repairman was there to fix it.

The entertainment was good. We liked the comedian juggler Marcus Monroe. He was really good. We laughed so hard my sides hurt. I would like to see him again. The last nights show was part talent show was quiet funny!

The ports of call.

First stop was San Juan, Puerto Rico. (US cell phones can be used at no international roaming fees) I had booked the Rainforest tour for 4.5 hrs. but it was canceled. So I went down to shore excursions desk when I was informed of the cancellation. I booked my DH and TB on The Original Canopy Tour (a zip line adventure in the rain forest). They all had a blast! (I don't have any pictures because I did not go and no one else could figure out how to use the camera!) I booked my self on the San Juan city and Shopping tour. Great informative driver. The tour of the San Cristobal Fort was really nice. Then site seeing and on to the capital building. then Shopping, it seemed all the little shops had just about the same stuff. I did buy a wood photo album. Then back to the Ship.

Second Stop was St. Thomas USVI (again with the cell phone) We all did the Ultimate Island Experience. Mangens Bay absolutely beautiful! Black Beards castle and the rum factory was really cool. It was 104* and walking down the 99 steps and back to the water for the boat back to the pier was a little tough but drink plenty of water! Another beautiful Island The drive was a little scary. (the roads are really narrow and it seems that the drivers go a bit fast. DH made sure TB were on the inside of the open seated tour bus.(the only one with A/C was the tour guide) We had a great time at the beach. The water was so clear you could see the little fish swimming around with you. We would love to go back and just spend the day at Mangens bay.

third and last stop was Grand Turk. Beautiful is one word for it! I did not book a tour here. DH and TB did go on the Wave Rider. That was a blast to watch. Took many pictures of them on the wave rider. DH almost lost his trunks from the force of the water.

Third and last stop was Grand Turk. Beautiful is one word for it! I did not book a tour here. DH and TB did go on the Wave Rider. That was a blast to watch. Took many pictures of them on the wave rider. DH almost lost his trunks from the force of the water. Margaritaville is fantastic! The pool is really nice 3ft deep all around lounge chairs all around. Margaritaville makes the best pina coladas! Oh but best you apply and re-apply sunblock! (I did not!) I had a nasty sunburn on my face. All of the waiters were giving me tips to ease the sting of the burn.

The vacation was a success! We did not do the formal nights. There were 2 we opted out of those. TB had the pool all to themselves the first formal night and the buffet had the same dinner offered as the main dining room. Bought a ton of pictures. Took a ton of pictures.I did some of the craft classes that were offered. TB were signed up for the kids club but, most of the time they did what they wanted. They only did a few things with camp carnival. I think they thought they were too old for it! They did do the up all night party and had a blast! All of the crew were wonderful. My youngest son referred to the Carnival Miracle as a floating heaven! I think that is the best way to end this review. Sorry it took me so long to finish it! A GREAT FAMILY VACATION!! Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>