Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Bobbyoyo: Grand Med on Ruby Princess

Grand Med on Ruby Princess

Sail Date: July 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Venice

After reading a few reviews about Ruby Princess. I was ready for a 'so-so' experience. No so! The best vacation my wife and I ever had. The crew, the food, the cabin and the ship were all great. I have no complaints about any part of our vacation.

You do get charged for almost all beverages. Coffee, tea, ice tea are free, but you pay for all alcohol. Since my wife and I do not drink, this was not an issue. We paid to use the 'Sanctuary' the quiet, no children section for sunning, which I was fine with. Paying for the few of Princess's 'add ons' works to my advantage.

The staff was just wonderful; kind, professional, well groomed and helpful. Our wait staff in the dining room was also great. I'm a caterer and have been in the food service business my whole life. The food was excellent. The ship is feeding 3000+ guests 3 meals a day, a feat in itself, the food was well prepared, great selections and high quality. Don't miss the afternoon tea. Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Baja Deck

We were turned on to a great restaurant in the Plaka for lunch. Many good restaurants serving delicious food

Went to the food market, bought, bread, cheese, salami, fruit and olive tapenade. Brought it back to the ship and ate on our balcony overlooking the port.
Read 178 Cannes Reviews

Again, buy your tickets to see the 'David' online.

Loved Istanbul. Bought a rug and yes I overpaid, but it's beautiful. No one is giving you a deal. Would like to go back and spend more time.
Read 262 Istanbul Reviews

Visiting the ruins was amazing. The market near the port was expensive. Better to buy in Istanbul.
Read 362 Kusadasi Reviews

Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, and Capri day trip is too much for one day. I felt I was running from one place to another.
Read 653 Naples Reviews

We did, 'Rome on our own." Took the 'private train' from the port to Rome. We bought our tickets to the Vatican online and walked right in. There were thousands of people waiting to go in who did not have pre-paid tickets. Buy your tickets in advance.

Very expensive in every way. But hey it's Venice!
Read 516 Venice Reviews