Ruby Princess Cruise Review by Bobbyoyo

Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: BD
See More About: Ruby Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Ruby Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ruby Princess Deck Plans
Grand Med on Ruby Princess
After reading a few reviews about Ruby Princess. I was ready for a 'so-so' experience. No so! The best vacation my wife and I ever had. The crew, the food, the cabin and the ship were all great. I have no complaints about any part of our vacation.

You do get charged for almost all beverages. Coffee, tea, ice tea are free, but you pay for all alcohol. Since my wife and I do not drink, this was not an issue. We paid to use the 'Sanctuary' the quiet, no children section for sunning, which I was fine with. Paying for the few of Princess's 'add ons' works to my advantage.

The staff was just wonderful; kind, professional, well groomed and helpful. Our wait staff in the dining room was also great. I'm a caterer and have been in the food service business my whole life. The food was excellent. The ship is feeding 3000+ guests 3 meals a day, a feat in itself, the food was well prepared, great selections and high quality. Don't miss the afternoon tea.
Publication Date: 07/29/11