Carnival Pride Cruise Review by blackreign100

Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8F

First Time Cruiser 7 days on the Pride
Overall I was happy with the cruise. I live in the Pride's home port of Baltimore. This in it's self was a good and a bad thing.

First off I will say that the reviews that I read about the Pride being dirty on run down, I did not see that I would grade the Pride as B grade Vegas hotel. My room was always cleaned, the common areas were as well. Since I have never been on a cruise before I don't know what to grade it against. The one thing I did not care for is the Lido deck. One for the smoking. That alone with humidity and water the idea of smoke and ashes makes me feel icky. However I loved the serenity deck but like with others the chairs filled up quickly and there were a lot of seats that were left unoccupied except for a book or towel for well over hours at times.

The food was OK. Not a lot of options for people on diets or watching what they eat. With that said I broke around midweek. lol Let me say David Steak House is by far the best thing on this ship. It is worth every penny. This is on the caliber of a steakhouse dinner worth $200 and up. For $30 you cannot beat this. book the first night and you get a free bottle of wine.

So now to the goods.

Embarkation day went pretty good. Got at the terminal around 12:30 waited in line for 10 minutes boarded within 20 was eating within the hour. Our room was ready around 2:30.

The entertainment was on the cheesy side, but I expected that, and I had loads of fun. The Karaoke bar was my highlight ( i never did it before.) the guy in the Ivory lounge doing the piano sing along was very entertaining.

The food in the main dinning room was ok. rarely did the Lido deck, however loved the pizza which you can get 24 hrs.

Our port of calls were Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport. Since I live in the home port the lure of not hauling my luggage through airports is a plus next time will go to the Turks and cacaos port versus this again. Now the bad part of leaving from the home port. Everyone on board was either from Baltimore or Pittsburgh. The one couple that we met the first night was from NY. May i say that the cruise might not have been the same with out them.

I would definitely cruise with Carnival again. Will sail the Pride for the other itinerary. However the lure of the newer ships have a strong pull on me.

Brent the cruise director was funny. Some of our wait staff were less than personable. However there were 2 that we loved (we had anytime dining)Overall I had a great time.

I almost forgot. I left my wallet in the butterflies lounge. Didn't even know I lost it. Received a voicemail for guest services and all my contents were there.

Publication Date: 06/20/11