Carnival Pride Cruise Review by blackreign100: First Time Cruiser 7 days on the Pride

blackreign100
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

First Time Cruiser 7 days on the Pride

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

Overall I was happy with the cruise. I live in the Pride's home port of Baltimore. This in it's self was a good and a bad thing.

First off I will say that the reviews that I read about the Pride being dirty on run down, I did not see that I would grade the Pride as B grade Vegas hotel. My room was always cleaned, the common areas were as well. Since I have never been on a cruise before I don't know what to grade it against. The one thing I did not care for is the Lido deck. One for the smoking. That alone with humidity and water the idea of smoke and ashes makes me feel icky. However I loved the serenity deck but like with others the chairs filled up quickly and there were a lot of seats that were left unoccupied except for a book or towel for well over hours at times.

The food was OK. Not a lot of options for people on diets or watching what they eat. With that said I broke around midweek. lol Let me say David Steak House is by far the best thing on this ship. It More is worth every penny. This is on the caliber of a steakhouse dinner worth $200 and up. For $30 you cannot beat this. book the first night and you get a free bottle of wine.

So now to the goods.

Embarkation day went pretty good. Got at the terminal around 12:30 waited in line for 10 minutes boarded within 20 was eating within the hour. Our room was ready around 2:30.

The entertainment was on the cheesy side, but I expected that, and I had loads of fun. The Karaoke bar was my highlight ( i never did it before.) the guy in the Ivory lounge doing the piano sing along was very entertaining.

The food in the main dinning room was ok. rarely did the Lido deck, however loved the pizza which you can get 24 hrs.

Our port of calls were Port Canaveral, Nassau and Freeport. Since I live in the home port the lure of not hauling my luggage through airports is a plus next time will go to the Turks and cacaos port versus this again. Now the bad part of leaving from the home port. Everyone on board was either from Baltimore or Pittsburgh. The one couple that we met the first night was from NY. May i say that the cruise might not have been the same with out them.

I would definitely cruise with Carnival again. Will sail the Pride for the other itinerary. However the lure of the newer ships have a strong pull on me.

Brent the cruise director was funny. Some of our wait staff were less than personable. However there were 2 that we loved (we had anytime dining)Overall I had a great time.

I almost forgot. I left my wallet in the butterflies lounge. Didn't even know I lost it. Received a voicemail for guest services and all my contents were there. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Verandah 7117

Ample closet space. It had 2 big closets and many drawers. All our luggage fit under our bed. Great balcony. only thing we were near the captains bridge so.... lol However I felt we had he best views. Was always on the side that overlooked the ports when coming in. A lot of doors slamming but quickly noticed that this was what it was and not done intentionally.

This was the only port that would have me thinking to book a weekend or so here. The power catamaran excursion was great the tour guide was great. even went as far as getting in the water and putting some fish food to have those beautiful fish swarm us. I think that we should have spent more time in freeport versus Nassau.

Read 779 Freeport Reviews

Went to the overpriced Atlantis. Would get the day pass from Atlantis directly. I booked through carnival because I didn't want to risk the resort not having anymore day passes. Which when we got there would have not been a problem. had we paid $110 versus the $159 though carnival this review would be different.

Read 2644 Nassau Reviews

Went to NASA which was a great time. But after that there is nothing to do but go to Walmart.