Carnival Pride Cruise Review by ktinmd: 1st time we were semi-disappointed w/ Carnival

ktinmd
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Bahamas Cruises

1st time we were semi-disappointed w/ Carnival

Sail Date: June 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Baltimore

My husband and I have been on three Carnival cruises. We have never tried another cruise line because of price, itinerary, and overall great experience we've had with Carnival. This cruise did not disappoint with Itinerary (except Freeport), excursions, or amenities. We made the most of it and had a GREAT time. But the service in the dining room and stewards were no where close to the wonderful service we've experienced on other Carnival cruises. By mid-week the wait staff really becomes a friend, someone you can joke around with. Both of our waiters seemed to be robots where if you asked for something special it would throw them for a curve ball. Everyday, they brought someone at our table the wrong meal. And something even as small as placing the napkin on our laps (which previous cruise waiters did) really made a big difference in the luxury or pampered feeling. Our stewards did not introduce themselves or say "hi" when passing in the hallway like previous cruises. I don't know More what is going on with the staff of this ship! Maybe they've all just been on the ship too long and were frustrated.

The staff was not friendly, often seemed sarcastic, and were like sharks in the club at night looking for young drunk girls to take back to their rooms. I couldn't even tell you who the cruise director was.

The one thing I DID LOVE about this ship was the Serenity Adult's Only deck in the back of the ship! The plus lounge chairs, hammocks, and cabanas were amazing. They should have made this place bigger because by 7:30am, all of the chairs were taken with towels. It was away from the loud ruckus of the other pools and the hot tub and pool was never crowded. We spent a lot of time here.

Besides the unfriendly staff, we had a fabulous time! Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Main 4162

Cabin 4162 was the perfect location. It was right off of the middle glass elevators so it was equal distance to either end of the ship. You did not hear a lot of hallway noise, no engine noise, no rocking of the ship, and great balcony view. I usually get higher cabins but I'm convinced the 4th floor is one of the best places. You don't have a lot of stairs to walk up or down for where the action is. Def recommend this area of the ship!

The port where the ship docks is an industrial area. It is not picturesc or anything. The small shops around the dock are full of cheap t-shirts and shot glasses, not worth even walking in most of them. We did the day long Jeep tour offered by the ship and it was fun. I am glad we booked an excursion because this island is horrible. It is like a ghost town. Dozens of closed down hotels and restaurants. Apparently after the hurricane in 2004-2005 the government did not help fix the island because there is NOTHING to do or see. The beaches are not clean, the water is not clear, and there is a lot of seaweed. If your ship stops here, I would recommend making it a spa day and not even getting off. SOOOO not even worth it. It's a shame because while I would like to support their economy for the people to get back on their feet, it is an ugly island with literally nothing to see or do.

Read 771 Freeport Reviews

Grand Turk was beautiful! We went on the Ultimate Snorkeling Experience excursion and got more out of our money than the more expensive snorkeling adventures. Don't waste your money on the $75+ excursions that promise you sting rays or catamarans. The USE excursion took us to two places where we saw hundreds of fish and lots of sting rays. I even got pictures of a family of squid and a barracuda. As for the island it's self, we only stayed around the port and that was great. It is not like other Caribbean Islands where vendors meet you on the pier and try to convince you to buy something from them or braid your hair. There are some nice shops around the port and a very clean, uncrowded beach with lots of chairs. Very little seaweed, clear water, and no rocks! Loved it! Also, Margaritaville is sooooo much fun! You have to go even just for one drink and to laugh at the craziness that is drunk Coasties in the pool! Great food, and friendly staff. Would love to go back and spend more time at this island.