Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by cibaygirls: Wonderful cruise

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Caribbean Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful cruise

Sail Date: May 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was our (me and my husband) 5th cruise with Princess (I have cruised twice with Carnival) and we were very pleased. I was a bit nervous as the ship was going into drydock soon, but she was not run down looking..some mild aesthic issues but nothing signficant. We booked a BF guarantee and were upgraded to a BA on Caribe. The balcony was great as we were able to have shade throughout most of the day if we wanted. There were no significant issues, and if there were, they were resolved to our satisfaction. We did not get a table for 2 for traditional dining, (now I am unsure if I actually requested this in advance), but after speaking to maitre'd, got a note in stateroom the next morning we were switched to a table for 2. There were some charges on our folio which we questioned.. one of the them was something we just forgot about and the actual signed receipt was produced at pursers desk to clarify. The other 2 were charges we did not make and while one of them took a More significant amount of looking into by calling dining room, asking other pursers, was taken off the account.

We enjoyed all of the food, saw some of the production shows, which we enjoyed. Our room was clean.. there was some black stuff floating in the toilet bowel, but I believe it was like a charcoal or something used in sanitation aspects or filtration. It didn't bother us. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

The most negative aspect had nothing to do the cruise itself but our neighbors at dinner who were unhappy with just about every entree they were served and were consistently expressing this to the waiter/head waiter. I understand they had expectations, but it did become uncomfortable at some points. Less

Read more Caribbean Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Caribbean Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Caribbean Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Caribe c616

We had no problems with our cabin.. located about middle of ship, but more towards aft.

I had been to Grand Turk before and was not that impressed. This time we did a horseback riding trip which we loved, and went to jack's shack, which we loved even more. The day spent there this time around has put this as one of my favorite ports. Hopefully a third stop would suppport this. I feel this is a great port to just get off ship, relax and have an affordable way to see the Caribbean.

We took a public bus to the Crystal Caves and then walked to Swizzle Inn. We really enjoyed this day, just wish it didn't take so long to get to anywhere we wanted to go.

We docked right in old san juan so were able to walk right into town. We didnt have too much time to explore as we booked an excursion to kayak in the bio bay, so didn't really get to enjoy old san juan. From what we saw, it seemed a bit "run down" looking; perhaps that is just the couple of roads we walked down. We loved the kayaking as this had been something I always wanted to do!
Read 1362 San Juan Reviews

We have been to St Thomas before to and love Magen's bay. Take a taxi there and walk all the way down to where it is less secluded. We find it very relaxing so we relax a bit and watch the birds dive into the water then walk back down to the bar area and have a cocktail.
Read 2326 St. Thomas Reviews