Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by cibaygirls

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by cibaygirls
Caribbean Princess
Caribbean Princess
Member Name: cibaygirls
Cruise Date: May 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Cabin Category: BA
Cabin Number: c616
See More About: Caribbean Princess Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Wonderful cruise
This was our (me and my husband) 5th cruise with Princess (I have cruised twice with Carnival) and we were very pleased. I was a bit nervous as the ship was going into drydock soon, but she was not run down looking..some mild aesthic issues but nothing signficant. We booked a BF guarantee and were upgraded to a BA on Caribe. The balcony was great as we were able to have shade throughout most of the day if we wanted. There were no significant issues, and if there were, they were resolved to our satisfaction. We did not get a table for 2 for traditional dining, (now I am unsure if I actually requested this in advance), but after speaking to maitre'd, got a note in stateroom the next morning we were switched to a table for 2. There were some charges on our folio which we questioned.. one of the them was something we just forgot about and the actual signed receipt was produced at pursers desk to clarify. The other 2 were charges we did not make and while one of them took a significant amount of looking into by calling dining room, asking other pursers, was taken off the account.

We enjoyed all of the food, saw some of the production shows, which we enjoyed. Our room was clean.. there was some black stuff floating in the toilet bowel, but I believe it was like a charcoal or something used in sanitation aspects or filtration. It didn't bother us. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful.

The most negative aspect had nothing to do the cruise itself but our neighbors at dinner who were unhappy with just about every entree they were served and were consistently expressing this to the waiter/head waiter. I understand they had expectations, but it did become uncomfortable at some points.

Publication Date: 06/19/11