“Memorable 7 day experience”
Cruise review of Celebrity Infinity

danizzle Celebrity Infinity 5 Memorable 7 day experience
danizzle
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my first cruise experience and it simply was wonderful.

Cruise Ship:

Since this was my first cruise experience and I don't have any other ship to compared to (Only other cruise ship I've been on would be Queen Mary in Long Beach) I thought the ship was very nice. I didn't think it was outdated as many have mentioned.

Cabin:

We stayed in the inside cabin 2004 which was located at the very front of the deck 2. Since it was pretty much secluded at the front of the ship, it was very quiet with not much foot traffic. However since we were located at the front bottom of the ship, we felt the ship rocking more (at least it felt like) when we were sailing out in the sea. I thought the room would be super tiny, but it was bigger than what I expected. If you've ever stayed at a business hotel in Japan, the size would be equivalent, if not slightly bigger.

Dining:

Buffet - The morning buffet offered wide variety of food, including pastries, omelet station, egg station, carving station, fruits, waffles & pancakes, cereal, yogurt, etc.

Trellis (daily dining restaurant) - The meal from restaurant was excellent. They offered set of same menu as well as set of new menu every day. Most of the time steaks were cooked perfectly. If you order beef, make sure to get it medium rare.

SS United States - Excellent. Fiancee and I thought how could the food be any better than Trellis? They offered more upscale meal using more expensive ingredients like Venison and lobster. You can also order as many appetizers, soups & salads, entrees, desserts as you'd like.

Service:

Simply outstanding. All the crew members were nice and friendly, and everyone would greet you whenever you pass by them with a smile. Our waiter Arman and his assistant Lawrence at Trellis was outstanding. They were very attentive and paid attention to detail. Once my fiancee ordered a steak rare and when he cut into it, it was medium well. Arman saw that the steak wasn't rare and he took it away right away, and brought out another one which was cooked rare. This level of attention is pretty rare! (no pun intended)

Shore Excursion:

We booked the Glacier Wilderness Safari in Skagway and we got lucky and also got a free whale watching on our ferry ride to the glacier. The humpback whale gave us a nice show which simply was amazing. The Davidson Glacier was a great view as well. We couldn't get on the glacier but we canoed our way close to the glacier.

Celebrity Infinity Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Inside Stateroom 11

Port
Nice little town to walk around with lots of totem poles. The clam chowder from Crab Cracker is the best chowder I've ever had.

Read 1,242 Ketchikan Reviews
Published 06/14/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Celebrity Infinity Review
Celebrity Infinity Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?