Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by ahoymates: Great time on the NCL Sky!

Norwegian Sky 5
ahoymates
Member Since 2007
15 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Great time on the NCL Sky!

Sail Date: May 2011

My husband and I traveled with our daughter, son-in-law, and 7 month old grandson (first time cruisers). We were celebrating a number of anniversaries, birthdays, and milestones. On day 2, my daughter thanked me for making the arrangements and choosing NCL!! Although this was my 5th cruise, it was my first NCL experience. Boarding was a breeze and disembarking was the smoothest I have experienced on any cruise line.

The "freestyle" concept definitely suited our style. There was always some place to eat whenever you liked. The choices were good. I prefer sit down service after the first day of buffets. My son-in-law had some reservations prior to the trip, but once aboard, he seemed to enjoy the experience on board. I had been very encouraging to him in the days prior, along with my daughter; and we hoped for a positive experience for him. My grandson was the sweetest, happiest baby on board. He was simply adorable!!!! We had dinner at Cagney's and it was More enjoyable. The staff on board was very friendly and attentive. Somehow, we missed the photo area.Not sure where it was, anyway out of sight out of mind. Would have bought our group photo we took when we embarked.

I am planning another cruise. NCL has moved to the top of the list. Of course as seasoned cruisers the 3 day was too short; so I think my "new cruisers" are ready for 5-7 days.

Published 05/29/11
Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Sky Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: BC9217 Balcony

9217 was close to elevators. Convenient but somewhat noisy. I spent time on balcony, so I didn't hear much. My husband heard noise the second night; but I slept through it. Room was nice and Rodolfo was very helpful.

Read All Balcony (BC) Reviews >>

We took the Atlantis walking tour. It was our second time; but didn't seem redunant since 2007. Wanted the kids to experience it, and they enjoyed it. My family realy liked Atlantis.

Read 4044 Nassau Reviews

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X