Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by 5starchick: Happy Reunion

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Panama Canal & Central America Cruises

Happy Reunion

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America

This was our 2nd cruise with Liberty OTS. We were happy to be back on the ship to see if we could have as much fun as we did in 2009 on Liberty. It was as wonderful as we remembered. The only negatives were that some shows like "Love and Marriage, "Qwest, and Battle of the Sexes, started after 10:30pm. It's not very late but we get up kinda early, 8:30am and stay going all day so by 9pm, we were too tired to attend several activites and parties. I understand Qwest being late night because it is adult only, but, we had to take afternoon naps to stay awake until 11:30pm. I love that RC offers crowd participation games, and shows. We cruised the Ruby Princess, and there was nothing to do onboard except lay by the pool. We have natural tans so there was no need for more sun.

I like the new additons to Liberty. I didn't see a movie ever playing by the pool though. "Grease" started playing, but it stopped during the pep rally scene and didn't come back on.

I'm not sure when More our stateroom attendants slept, because they were always available and on top of their jobs. We woke up they were greeting us in the hall, and when we went to bed, they were saying goodnight. The cruise director on this cruise was not as lively and entertaining as the one from our 1st Liberty cruise in 2009.

Disembarktion was hectic, I'm not sure what happened. After we ate breakfast, we tried to waste time walking around until closer to our tags would be called, but we didn't want to be in the way of the staff trying to clean up. We were #16 tag to leave the ship. When they announced our number, they skipped 15 but numbers 11-14 were already standing in a long line leaving the ship. People were frustrated because others cut line unintentionally. I wish they had waited until the line decreased a little before they called other numbers out.

We are RC fans though, we loved Oasis and we are trying a smaller ship, Monarch, in August. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Boring, a lot of poverty. We did a local tour with history and had interactions with some of the people. Some of the people were angry and bitter if we didn't buy their goods or services. One woman got angry with me because I didn't want my hair braided. I grew up wearing braids, nothing new to me. When we returned from our tour, someone shouted, "Next time you need to try a real tour with us" We will not be going back to Belize.

Nice place, not much to do. Reminded me of Grand Cayman. Shopping.

(5.5)
Loved every minute of it! We will definitely be going again! The locals were very friendly. Not sure why, but they thought my husband and I were celebrities. A couple of shop workers actually asked to take a picture with us. And followed us taking pictures.
Read 3122 Cozumel Reviews

(5.5)
Miami is much better organized than Port Everglades. We used an off port parking area to escape expensive port costs. $25 a day is too expensive. We found a garage that offered shuttle, car wash, and luggage handling for $8 a day. The baggage guys were very nice and helpful. I have to remember to keep tip money with me for them.
Read 161 Miami Reviews