Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by navilady2001

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by navilady2001
Oasis of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Member Name: navilady2001
Cruise Date: March 2011
Cabin Category: D5
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

OASIS - my dream vacation!
We flew to Ft. Lauderdale the morning of our cruise with no problem. We got to the port at 10:15am and was on the ship by 11:15am; we went to the WindJammer for lunch and walked around. At 1pm we went to our cabin which was ready and our luggage was waiting!

We also went to Guest Services right we we got onboard and rented the DECT phones - best thing we did! My husband & I used these phones to check in with each other and set up times/locations to meet. We also got a pocket size map of the ship (you have to ask for it).

Ship

WOW!!!! AMAZING! Loved it! I am so spoiled now I just want to cruise on Oasis! It did not feel crowded, the elevators were quick. The ship was very clean. Our room was small (balcony D5)but we did not spend much time there.

Central Park was so beautiful...the plants and trees and flowers were peaceful. It was hard to believe it was on a ship. The boardwalk was fun! Loved the carousel and the aqua theater. The seats were very comfortable. This ship is BIG! Lots of walking which was great for us - because we were going to eat!

Food

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!! Which is the way I felt by day 7 - the food was really good! We ate at the WindJammer almost everyday for lunch. For breakfast we ate at either the WindJammer or at the Park Cafe. The Park Cafe was really good - they have a bagel bar with different cream cheeses and also several different egg sandwiches. The french toast was good at the WindJammer.

Dinners we mostly had in the MDR - I thought the food was great - try the Savory bites (got this tip off the cruise critic boards).

My favorites were - the onion tart (MDR), the banana cream pie (MDR - to die for!!!!), rocky road cookies at the Promenade Cafe, chocolate eclairs and chocolate mousse at the Mondo coffee bar. And did I mention the flavored water?!?!?! The lemon lime flavored water was so good! The only issue is you can't find it after 9pm; after the 2nd night of searching for it I got smart and brought 4 glasses from the WindJammer to our cabin at 8:30pm.

We had dinner at Chops one night and it was great - the asparagus was so tender, the mississippi mud pie OMG (I died and was in heaven :))

The donuts were ok (on the boardwalk)- tasted like Dunkin Donuts, never had a cupcake why pay for dessert when they had so much amazing desserts free 24/7?

Had popcorn and a corn dog by the Aqua theater one night while watching GREASE on the big screen (was a lot of fun)!!! Last night pizza at Sorrento's was good too.

Shows

Hairspray, Oasis of Dreams and Come Fly Away were all wonderful, amazing, a "10"!!!

Richard Spacey - what can I say - best cruise director I ever saw! So funny and talented!!!

We booked our next cruise again on Oasis - why mess with the best ship on water?

Publication Date: 04/21/11