“Carnival Miracle 3/19/2011 Review”
Cruise review of Carnival Miracle

bmg2285 Carnival Miracle 5 Carnival Miracle 3/19/2011 Review
bmg2285
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I've read a lot of mixed review on the Miracle, so i thought i'd do my part so that people have more info on the boat.

Embarkment: Two words: Easy, Quick. Fort Lauderdale is SOOOO MUCH quicker than Miami. Upon arriving at port, we were on the boat within 15 minutes.

Ship: I've read a lot of reviews that described this ship as 'a little to gaudy', 'too much', etc. My opinion is that i didnt like all the decor of the ship, but it was also not a distraction of any sorts.

While i will admit that i enjoyed the Carnival Valor much more, this ship is not by any means past it's prime. It is an enjoyable boat.

Entertainment: The entertainment staff on this boat was awesome. Gary is a great director that understands that the people on the boat are on vacation and he delivers with day in and day out exuberance. His team is great as well. Loved the sports and movie trivia!!

Food: Great as always. One thing i suggest is that everyone try the deli at least one time while on a cruise. The deli has the freshest sandwiches I've ever had, made to order.

Debarkment: As easy as embarkment. I would recommend using a porter to take your luggage to customs. We had 11 people with two bags/person. We tipped him $25 and we didnt have to struggle with the pain of hauling bags through customs.

Side notes:

I'm a person that believes that a cruise is what you make it. As you noticed, i didnt get into extreme details, but it's because the simple things are what i enjoy. Sitting on my balcony of a morning or evening reading a book and watching the water is the best part in my opinion. So all in all, i would say that the Miracle is a fun boat to travel. However, given the number of options Carnival has....i probably will not travel on Miracle again.

Carnival Miracle Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

Port
No excursions here. We just relaxed and sampled the local brewery's home brew, which is Carib beer. This is brewed in St. Kitts. Awesome flavor. Again, think i tried 7-10 :). But lovely area with good culture.
Read 1,042 St. Kitts Reviews
Port
Zip cording through the rain forest. Do i need to say anything else? This excursion was the best $90 i've ever spent. I believe in doing things that you cant do other places. 4 of us went on this excursion and gave it 2 thumbs up. If you are even contemplating this excursion....do it.
We enjoyed the Tiki Hut snorkel adventure. Beautiful area that allowed us to both snorkel and drink! :) Snorkel area was extremely nice with very nice staff. Afterwards, we enjoyed the local drink....Guavaberry Coladas. If you go to St. Martaan and do not try one of these, you are missing out. I tried 7 :). The berry, almond, and mango are to die for. Really enjoyed this island and the people.
Read 3,322 St. Maarten Reviews
Published 04/24/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Miracle Review
Carnival Miracle Cruises to the Southern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?