Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by bmg2285: Carnival Miracle 3/19/2011 Review

Compare Prices on Carnival Miracle Southern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Miracle 3/19/2011 Review

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

I've read a lot of mixed review on the Miracle, so i thought i'd do my part so that people have more info on the boat.

Embarkment: Two words: Easy, Quick. Fort Lauderdale is SOOOO MUCH quicker than Miami. Upon arriving at port, we were on the boat within 15 minutes.

Ship: I've read a lot of reviews that described this ship as 'a little to gaudy', 'too much', etc. My opinion is that i didnt like all the decor of the ship, but it was also not a distraction of any sorts.

While i will admit that i enjoyed the Carnival Valor much more, this ship is not by any means past it's prime. It is an enjoyable boat.

Entertainment: The entertainment staff on this boat was awesome. Gary is a great director that understands that the people on the boat are on vacation and he delivers with day in and day out exuberance. His team is great as well. Loved the sports and movie trivia!!

Food: Great as always. One thing i suggest is that everyone try the deli at least one More time while on a cruise. The deli has the freshest sandwiches I've ever had, made to order.

Debarkment: As easy as embarkment. I would recommend using a porter to take your luggage to customs. We had 11 people with two bags/person. We tipped him $25 and we didnt have to struggle with the pain of hauling bags through customs.

Side notes:

I'm a person that believes that a cruise is what you make it. As you noticed, i didnt get into extreme details, but it's because the simple things are what i enjoy. Sitting on my balcony of a morning or evening reading a book and watching the water is the best part in my opinion. So all in all, i would say that the Miracle is a fun boat to travel. However, given the number of options Carnival has....i probably will not travel on Miracle again. Less

Read more Carnival Miracle cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Miracle Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Miracle Balcony Upper 5254

Cabin was standard for a balcony. Great views of the ocean.

No excursions here. We just relaxed and sampled the local brewery's home brew, which is Carib beer. This is brewed in St. Kitts. Awesome flavor. Again, think i tried 7-10 :). But lovely area with good culture.

Zip cording through the rain forest. Do i need to say anything else? This excursion was the best $90 i've ever spent. I believe in doing things that you cant do other places. 4 of us went on this excursion and gave it 2 thumbs up. If you are even contemplating this excursion....do it.

We enjoyed the Tiki Hut snorkel adventure. Beautiful area that allowed us to both snorkel and drink! :) Snorkel area was extremely nice with very nice staff. Afterwards, we enjoyed the local drink....Guavaberry Coladas. If you go to St. Martaan and do not try one of these, you are missing out. I tried 7 :). The berry, almond, and mango are to die for. Really enjoyed this island and the people.