Azura Cruise Review by Pam Stephenson: Azura

Azura

Sail Date: March 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Barbados

Transfers flight and check in all good.I love flying into Barbados!Cabin easy to find and quiet P Deck at the bow end and opposite the laundry.I liked the tea making facilities-these arent supplied on the other lines which we have been on that were all American.

Cabin big enough and good use of wardrobe space by not putting doors on.Ports good except we didnt get off at Dominica as we have been there before and I dont know why ships stop there.

Food excellent but the service was not.The waiters always deferred to the man in the party and were not very polite.In the buffet they tended to talk over your heads loudly in their own language.I thought this very rude.Not much smiling amongst the staff either,even the officers that we passed throughout the ship.On our last night in the restaurant the waiter actually poked me to get my attention!My husband told him that if he wants someones attention he should say Excuse me and for the rest of the meal the waiter made a point of More going over the top with his Excuse me s-taking the Mick!It was not a good end to the holiday.

I can only guess that as the following two weeks were the return to Southampton and the staff would be having a break and they had got into wind-down mode.All in all we prefer Princess and will not be in a hurry to go back to P & O Less

Read more Azura cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Azura Review >>

Cabin review: Azura Outside Stateroom P Deck p238

Outside cabin unobstructed view LC.Good situation,near everything and quiet with its own laundry

Best Island in the Caribbean!Dearest sunbeds too!
Read 683 Aruba Reviews

Barbados Easy to get a taxi but we walk to a beach,about 20 mins.Its called The Boatyard and you pay $15 each for entrance,a drink,sunbed and umbrella and a free taxi back to the ship!Bargain.It was$20 in 2009.

A few shops at the port,enough for souvenirs

Read 704 Barbados Reviews

Did a ships beach trip.Worth the money as we got a boat trip included
Read 502 Curacao Reviews

Get awater taxi to the sandy beach-$8 return.Nice ocean,quite calm.Cafe on beach,reasonable value
Read 357 Grenada Reviews

Always delivers!

Clean Island.Nice beachfront bars with live entertainment

O K Been there a few times .Nice market0friendly people