Norwegian Sky 4

Cruise review of Norwegian Sky

jazzpen
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

My son-in-law decided to surprise our daughter with a short cruise for her 30th birthday. They are the parent's of 19 month old twin boys. She's in her last 4 weeks of nursing school. So they needed something fun but relaxing.

She was totally surprised.

Our daughter's best friend researched and made the decision to book on Norwegian leaving from Miami. My husband and I had cruised a few other times on Norwegian but for 7 days not 3. I had been reading the reviews on Cruise Critic for the last month or so and was feeling somewhat apprehensive about our choice of the Norwegian Sky.

We found some of the statements not true in our case but others right on the mark.

Our room we found very adequate for space on a 3 day cruise and the bed was comfortable. We have a posturepedic adjustable bed at home, so we were very apprehensive.

Most of the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful with just a few exceptions.

The meal we had at More Cagneys Steak house was so good, as we were leaving we made another reservation for the next night. The service was impeccable.

We had read about the wings at Longboards and totally agree. They were awesome! So glad we had a chance to try them.

The food we had at the Palace and at Crossings was bland and room temperature. At breakfast one morning, people that came in 45 minutes after us had eaten and left. I think the waiter forgot to put our order in, then disappeared for a long period of time. We thought he might be cooking our breakfast himself.

Taking all of these things into consideration, for the price it was worth the cruise. We would just be sure to have our dinners at the specialty restaurants. Less

Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Inside

IB0112
Small but very adequate for a 3 day cruise. Convenient location. Fairly quiet.

Wouldn't bother getting off the ship.
Read 4025 Nassau Reviews

Published 03/30/11

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Sky Review

Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?