Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by gonpat

Member Name: gonpat
Cruise Date: March 2011
Cabin Category: B6

Unexpected dissapointment
I just traveled to the Eastern Caribbean the week of March 12 in one of the much talked and controversial ships ever, the Epic. I don't want to be repetitious about what was good and bad about the ship but I wish i had read the reviews before I booked this expensive cruise.

The only one good thing I can say about my trip was the way the staff handle embarkations and disembarkation of this big ship. It was the best experience from all 11 cruises that i have taken. Thumbs up for NCL in this regard.

The ship was a great disappointment. From the very small and narrow cabin ( I had a balcony on the 11 floor) to the now very famous "bathrooms".

The food at the no-fee restaurants was mediocre. As usual, NCL wants you to eat at their premium venues for a fee. The food at the Steak House "Cagney was excellent and so was the service. Again we had to pay and additional $ 25.00 fee for each six of us. What a racket

The service, was not what I usually had experience in other NCL sailings, including my wonderful Mediterranean trip in the "Jade"

The pool area for over 4,000 people was a real joke. Two small pools the size of a "bathtub" filled with more than 20 children.

We took the option of pre-paying for the Spa facilities, $ 109.00 per person for the week. One day the Spa was si filthy that I had to go outside to the lobby in by matching suite because there was empty cups, bottles and no water to drink for over an hour. Every Time we complained we were told that they called the supervisor but he did not reply the calls.

I can go on and on but one thing for sure, next time you take a cruise, read the reviews. I wish I had and we would have save a lot of money and unpleasant moments. I live in Miami but when I travel to south Beach from now on, I would turn my head the other if the EPIC is in port

Publication Date: 03/27/11