Norwegian Epic 2

Cruise review of Norwegian Epic

gonpat
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

I just traveled to the Eastern Caribbean the week of March 12 in one of the much talked and controversial ships ever, the Epic. I don't want to be repetitious about what was good and bad about the ship but I wish i had read the reviews before I booked this expensive cruise.

The only one good thing I can say about my trip was the way the staff handle embarkations and disembarkation of this big ship. It was the best experience from all 11 cruises that i have taken. Thumbs up for NCL in this regard.

The ship was a great disappointment. From the very small and narrow cabin ( I had a balcony on the 11 floor) to the now very famous "bathrooms".

The food at the no-fee restaurants was mediocre. As usual, NCL wants you to eat at their premium venues for a fee. The food at the Steak House "Cagney was excellent and so was the service. Again we had to pay and additional $ 25.00 fee for each six of us. What a racket

The service, was not what I usually had experience in More other NCL sailings, including my wonderful Mediterranean trip in the "Jade"

The pool area for over 4,000 people was a real joke. Two small pools the size of a "bathtub" filled with more than 20 children.

We took the option of pre-paying for the Spa facilities, $ 109.00 per person for the week. One day the Spa was si filthy that I had to go outside to the lobby in by matching suite because there was empty cups, bottles and no water to drink for over an hour. Every Time we complained we were told that they called the supervisor but he did not reply the calls.

I can go on and on but one thing for sure, next time you take a cruise, read the reviews. I wish I had and we would have save a lot of money and unpleasant moments. I live in Miami but when I travel to south Beach from now on, I would turn my head the other if the EPIC is in port Less

Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: March 2011
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Large Balcony

B611189
Bomb the cabins and build new ones with more privacy and regular bathrooms

Been here too many times
Read 4034 Nassau Reviews

Good

As usual. clean and beautiful
Read 3390 St. Thomas Reviews

Published 03/27/11

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review

Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?