Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Outlaw01: Living on Island Time

Living on Island Time

Sail Date: January 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

I am 29 Years old from Palacios, Texas. Me and my wife booked this cruise for a late honeymoon, and Graduation present for me. We cruised from Palm Beach, FL to Freeport Bahamas.

This Cruise was VERY enjoyable, do not let any of bad reviews scare you. I almost did and would have missed out on time of my life.

First off - the entertainment - Was awesome. With entertainers like Tanya Scott a singer/songwriter whose personality is exhilarating, and probably the nicest Pearson I've ever met, will keep you having fun the entire time.

Second - The Crew - The crew was nothing short of excellent that will help you with anything you need, and always there to assist you.

Third - The destination - We opted to stay two extra night in Freeport at Our Lucaya, which I highly recommend. This gave us a chance to do everything we wanted to and see everything. Scooter rentals are an excellent way to run around the island. I enjoyed the fact that I could buy a More bottle of disoranno and coke to take with me all over the island and just make my own drink anytime I got thirsty (cheaper this way too).

Fourth - The Boat - Yes the boat was small and older the most, but this gave the passengers an opportunity that is not achievable on a bigger vessel, where everyone we met and talked to created a friendly environment to which it was like we knew them forever.

Fifth - Excursions - We took the snorkeling excursion which was breathtaking (seriously we was under water - no breath, J/K). The Coral reef was very colorful with many different types of fish. I still brag about this today.

All in All this was a wonderful cruise and a very pleasant experience.

I recommend very much. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review: Bahamas Celebration

The cabin was fairly small, but we were only on boat for one night each way, nothing I couldn't handle. Besides not much time is spent in cabin with so much else to do on boat. But the staff for the cabins were always around whenever we needed anything. My cabin did not have a remote for TV, so the lady found me one immediately. They were up and down hallways making sure everyone had all they needed. Excellent service.

The Port was too bad, took a little time getting through, but this is expected. The main part of island is a good was from port so you have to pay for a bus ride to get there. There's really not much to do at port, so I recommend not staying in that one area, Get to main part of Island.

Read 773 Freeport Reviews