Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Airbosstwr: Good Basic Cruise

0 Forum Posts

Good Basic Cruise

Sail Date: January 2011
Destination: Bahamas

This is my wife and my 4th cruise on the Majesty. This is an older ship, but they continue to do a great job of maintaining it. Everything was clean and and well maintained.

This cruise does not offer all the bells and whistles of the bigger newer ships. The entertainment options are limited in the evening. As many times as we have cruised on this ship, it seems the shows are just reruns. It would be nice if they could retrofit this ship with one of the coolest features out there, a movie screen. But they had an excellent late night adult comedienne on the last night. Also, the Sail Away Party from Nassau was fantastic. The DJ on the pool deck even lit a fire under me.

Check-In was a breeze. From the shuttle to drinks on the pool deck was about 15 minutes. Unfortunately, debarkation was a grind. Delay in our group getting off. The coffee and other drinks in the Boleros lounge ran out quickly, and were not restocked. Delayed between the ship and the baggage claim. More Told the wrong baggage claim. From the time we finally got called to leave, until we were through customs was close to an hour. This is not the first time we had problems getting off the boat in Miami. They need to work on this.

Coco Cay is always one of my favorite stops on this ship. It continues to get better. Another port, Key West, I wish you could stay to see the sunset. We ended up having to rent a car and drive down to see it.

The food was good. Had a lot of taste. However, seems to have gone down a little bit over the years. But still good. The pizza has definitely improved. Go to Johnny Rockets and say Hi to JJ.

All in all, a very affordable way to get out of the cold. Relaxing and not hectic.

My wife and I arrived in Miami two days before the cruise, and stayed two days after. I would like to recommend people try to not fly home immediately. It was nice to know our vacation was not ending as soon as we got off the ship. Made going back to reality a little easier.

Good job Royal. You continue to make cruising fun. Less

Published 02/08/11

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: I2616 Ocean View Stateroom

Small. However, well maintained. Just a basic room. I wish RCL would learn how to make it easier to get to look out the window.

I thought the Conch Train would be a joke. But the driver was very knowledgeable and you got to see just about everything Key West lays claim to. Wish I would have done this years ago.

Read 841 Key West Reviews

February in MIA was great. Enjoyed the Bayside Area. Got the flavor of MIA. Drive South Beach if you get the chance.

Read 466 Miami Reviews