Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by honeypie72: 1/31 Majesty of the Seas Key West, Nassau, CoCo Cay

honeypie72
Member Since 2003

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

1/31 Majesty of the Seas Key West, Nassau, CoCo Cay

Sail Date: January 2011
Destination: Bahamas

Majesty of the Seas 1/31/11

Background DH is 39 and I am 38. We have been on 1 previous RCL cruise, 1 Carnival and 1 NCL cruise.

We arrived in FLL a day early. We took SAS transportation and we were picked up within 10 minutes of calling. We won a hotel on priceline.com for $85 and stayed at the Courtyard Marriott downtown. This was a nice hotel -some reviews complained of noise, but we never noticed it. We had dinner at BubbaGumps and then headed back to our room.

DAY 1:

We used the hotel recommended shuttle bus for $5 per person. They arrived on time and we were at the pier around 11:10. We had a VERY small line and seemed to move from station to station quickly. I think we were on the ship by 11:30. We went up to the pool and had a drink, then ate at the windjammer for lunch. Had dinner in the dining room-I think I had prime rib. Every meal we had was wonderful. Our waiter Vicky was very organized, efficient and attentive. We actually had More planned to only eat the MDR for 2 meals, but we added another because the atmosphere was so nice! We explored the ship, I think we played and lost at bingo that night

Day 2 Key West

We were up early, had BF in the windjammer and explored KW. We rented an electric car and drove around just to explore. We then headed to Cpt tonys and then Hog's breath saloon after doing some shopping/walking. Overall just a leisurely day and it was a lot of fun!! We came back to the ship just about 30 minutes before boarding and the line was pretty long but seemed to move quickly. We napped and then had dinner in the Windjammer.

Day 3 NASSAU

We had no tours scheduled. DH wanted to see ATLANTIS and I really didn't have a huge desire, so walked around for a bit, then I came back to the ship while he taxied to Atlantis. The poolside area was nice and quiet and I soaked up the sun and had a fruity drink while waiting for DH. I think this was the day for the men's hot suff contest-very funny and cute.

Day 4 Coco Cay

This was my favorite day BY FAR. The water was so clear and shallow in a lot of areas that you could get out really far but only be up to your knees. We took the great advice of CC and kept walking far past and found the great, quiet areas! Lunch was typical picnic food but was really good for what it was. COCO loco's were great as drink of the day! DH did the wave runner tour and had fun. I mostly walked around and just enjoyed the sunshine.

FOOD

I think the food was the best of all our cruises. We thought the MDR and windjammer had great choices and they seemed to keep everything fresh and didn't seem as if it sat tooo long! Made to order eggs were a great touch. ALSO thanks to CC, I found the compass deli and had a Cuban sandwich and a 3 cheese Panini as a snack!! (you can't go 2 hours without eating-can ya?)

We had always gotten a balcony on our previous cruises. We decided to try an ocean view. Our cabin was 8552 and was an obstructed view-but really was NOT-view was great for the price/category. The room was small, but not as small as I thought it would be from reading here. We had room for our suitcases under the bed and in closet. NOVA was our room attendant and it seems as if when we left and were gone POOF our room was cleaned! AMAZING! There was a standard sized dryer in the drawer and not the usual "hotel" attached small one!

ENETERTAINMENT

We saw 2 shows and 1 comedian and all were very good. We went to several of the game shows, bingo, triva ect and found thos to be fun too!

We did express check out and were off the ship by 8:15 I think the first call for it was 7:15. SAS was already there so we were off to FLL in no time and home wayyyyyyyyyyyy tooo soon! ?

We booked a NEXTCRUISE and are thinking of Oasis and taking our daughter. I think we decided that RCL was our line and it just seems to fit us. We will stick with RCL from now on!

Any questions?? Just ask and I will try to answer.

This is my very first written cruise review! ? I am sure I forgot something but I wanted to share my wonderful experience!!! Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas Oceanview Stateroom Deck 4 8552

Cabins are small, but really have room for the essentials. We were a short walk from the stairs, and also not to far from A chorus line theatre. We heard no elevator noise, no running from the track, and no noise from any other floors.

I am only rating what my husband said about the $39 ticket to the Atlantis he purchased. I stayed most of the time on the ship. He said it wasn't really worth atll the hype.

Read 2666 Nassau Reviews