Thomson Dream Cruise Review by MARIA GORGONE

Member Name: MARIA GORGONE
Cruise Date: December 2010
Embarkation: Barbados
Cabin Category: OU
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
        13-15 2.0

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
THOMSON DISASTER
Well as a first time cruiser i was preparing myself an my son for a holiday of a lifetime my wonderful mother was treating us to, but from the minute we boarded there were problems, the ship had an awful smell that lasted the whole holiday, we were informed later that they had sewage problems, some of the poor passengers werre telling us how they had it coming up through there cabins infesting there carpets and coming out of there toilets. As we opened our room door the smell hit us, the room was dirty, there was one double bed made up when there were 3 of us andf we had booked 3 single beds, the pillows never had pillow cases on and had nasty stains all over them, the bath looked distgusting, i complained and they sent someone to clean it, but i still had to clean it myself after.

After 3 days all of us took sick one after the other with sickness an diahorea, and my son caught an infection ans tonsilitis, we were confined to cabin for the first week. As the second week began new passengers boarded, and there was a fire in the main engine, panic struck everyone, women were crying some hysterical running about trying to find there children, while staff had assembled on the upper decks in there lifejackets. After several announcments the captain told us not to panic and tyo enjoy the rest of the evening and REST IN PEACE, what a joke! The stabilisers seemed to not be working on a few occasions as i and others were falling about the ship whilst trying to get to a bar or lounge area, it got so bad i was ill again and had to lie down till the morning.

As this was a carribean cruise i expected it to be more about that but it was rather english,the only bit of carribean entertainment was a carribean duo called Big Vibe who were very good, the food was very much the same the first wk as it was the second, and sorry to say that it gave me the runs!!

I will take my hat off to the staff who were very friendly and had to take all the complaints on the chin, you couldnt fault them at all.

Thomson have a lot to answer to, they were just looking to make money without a thought for the passengers or staff. I wil never holiday with them on this cruise again as im sure that lots of others wont, complaints galore everywhere you went. Absolutley disgusting.

Publication Date: 01/18/11