Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Kennedy: You Have been warned!
Member Since 2007
You Have been warned!
DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THIS SHIP! It would be too easy to become embroiled in a diatribe of what went wrong with this ship on our holiday but safe to say:
1. No A/C for the whole 2 weeks even though we were moved from our first cabin - the heat was stifling - we were even given a fan but it only worked when the lights were on. They did in the end admit they could not fix the problem and that it had not worked since they had left dry dock.
2. The smell of drains! My god there was no escape anywhere - deck 5 was atrocious and the ORION restaurant - eating food with the smell was appalling.
3. Flooded carpets on deck 5 and every night in SIRENS restaurant
4. Three emergency codes - staff running around crying with life jackets on!
5.Fire on board - then captain ROY (PUGWASH more likely)announced it was under control and we could go to our beds and "rest in peace" - a comment I fear will follow him forever.
6 No water for hot or cold More drinks
7. Toilets not working - pretty much every day had to get an engineer to fix.
The reception staff phoned every day to ask if we were happy and every day we stated that the A/C did not work - every day they said an engineer would be sent to look at it - no one turned up.
FREDERICO - head of housekeeping is a nice guy but he admitted the ship was poor. The cabin staff are the only ones who tell the truth!
In summation someone /many will get sick on this ship.
This ship is unfit for the sea - limping from one day to the next on one engine - this is dangerous.
Captain Roy is not fit to captain a ship with paying holiday makers on board as all he is doing is keeping a rust bucket at sea and putting Thomson's money before your comfort and more importantly safety.
There were rumours he has resigned. He should do - if only out of dignity.
To compound all the issues the lack of communication is astonishing - they must think we are idiots - Thomson we are not! I genuinely feel sorry for the reception staff as they were bombarded with questions that they must have had to tow the party line of " we are doing all we can".
So many people exited this cruise on route tells all. We asked to get off in Kingston but were advised things would be made better in the second week - they were not.
We booked this trip because of the itinerary - thank god it was good.
Be warned - do not read any review which says this is a good ship. Less
Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Thomson Dream Review >>
Cabin review: IN5156/
My fourth cruise line in a yea...
Just About Perfect
First and last time on the Dre...
Living the Dream
We will not travel with Thomso...