Sun Princess Cruise Review by rjsk23: Sun Princess 2010 Christmas New Zealand
Overall Member Rating
Sun Princess 2010 Christmas New Zealand
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Where do I start!
Departed Sydney on Sun Princess for 13 days Christmas cruise 17th December to New Zealand.
Returned from a relaxed and wonderful/perfect holiday.
I applaud all Sun Princess staff for accommodating, showing compassion and empathy to passenger's with medical issues. Having suffered a stroke I have mobility restrictions. This cruise looked after and catered for person's of all ages who had walking frames, wheelchairs, electric scooters, walking sticks, people with Dementia, Intellectually Disabled, stroke sufferer's and many other people with medical issue's.
I felt more independent and safer on this cruise than I do at my local shopping centre.
There were approx. 280 children onboard, we were lucky if we heard or seen more than a dozen. Sun Princess had terrific programs ongoing that catered for children and teenagers.
This ship was spotlessly clean, we could not fault anything wrong throughout our time spent on More this ship, and the staff are so polite.
Handy tips to know:
• Take Ginger tablets, many passengers who took nothing suffered with seasickness, we took tablets daily and had no problems.
• If you like specialty coffee buy a card $33Au for 15 cups of (choice of cappuccinos, mocha, hot chocolate) we ended up using 3 cards between 2. You can get free coffee but not specialty.
• Pack a lightweight jacket, gloves, scarf especially if you plan to watch movies under the stars as it can get cool.
• We chose 8.00pm dinning as this allowed us to relax and shower before dinner once we returned from shore excursions. This also allowed plenty of time to get to the 10.00pm show times in the Princess Theatre. The shows were excellent.
• Buy a Reflections 5 DVD package for $89.95 at the end of your cruise. Even though we took video and photos this package has more detailed pictures of all the Ports of Call of our cruise experience. Especially Fjordland National Park, the pictures of Milford Sound are spectacular, we could never have captured these spectacular pictures and commentary.
• Save buying items from the shops onboard until end of cruise as they have sales.
• Wait until last few days of cruise before you pick out and purchase your photos, there are so many to choose from and it can become very costly if you buy everyone.
• Take Lanyards as it is easier to have your cruise card around your neck at all times. You can buy them onboard for $7.95.
• If you do need to buy items eg. Toothpaste, tissues, stockings, women's toiletry items, ginger, pain tablets, bandaids and sunscreen onboard it is very expensive. Pack a first aid kit. We did pack these items, many other passengers did not and it cost them a lot.
Embarkation and Disembarkation was so organized from the time we arrived and were met at Sydney Airport to leaving Sydney Airport for home. If other business's ran as organized as Princess Cruise's have maybe the world would be a better place (especially the Government). Extremely impressed with all staff and the way they conducted themselves throughout the cruise.
Would highly recommend cruising on Sun Princess.
We are planning our next cruise already. Less
Read more Sun Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Sun Princess Review >>
Cabin review: AAB748
Very spacious, excellent cupboard space, easy to move around, bathroom facilities plenty of space and so easy to maneuver around, great having handrails, balcony views were terrific, very quiet cabin, comfortable bed, worth spending the extra money on this room, especially including laundry, fresh fruit delivered daily, chocolates on bed each night, flower arrangement and many other extras, very impressed with layout of this suite.
Lackluster of the Seas
Brisbane to Sydney, 3 nights i...
THE CRUISE PRINCESS LINES WOUL...
THE CRUISE PRINCESS LINES WOUL...
A pleasant interlude
My first cruise and I loved it...
It is what you make of it.