“Sun Princess Christmas Cruise”
Cruise review of Sun Princess

avaloners Sun Princess 5 Sun Princess Christmas Cruise
avaloners
Member Since 2010
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I agree ... we were also on the cruise from Sydney December 17 and agree with everything the previous reviewer said.

I actually didn't use my lanyard (being a female I felt a bit dorky wearing the cruisecard around my neck and easily kept it in a pocket instead.

The staff were outstanding and really got into the Christmas spirit, wearing Santa hats, etc. and the whole ship was decorated, especially the Atrium which looked magical, especially when "snow" was organised.

Everyone had a little Christmas stocking with sweets on our pillow instead of the usual chocolates on Christmas Eve.

We didn't know whether we would enjoy the cruising life (especially my active husband who doesn't usually like being constrained in one place), but there are so many areas and things to do neither of us felt this way at all.

We have spoken to a lot of people since returning, and many friends say, "cruise ships are just like floating RSL clubs". These comments always come from people who have never cruised, and I just tell them it couldn't be further from the truth.

We are planning our next cruise (or dreaming at least!) for 2012.

Sun Princess Cruises to Australia & New Zealand
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

AA
We were on the starboard side in a balcony cabin, and would never consider having an inside cabin. When going through the fjords we ordered room service and just sat and watched. There was plenty of room for two of us - the only thing I would have liked was a bath! (will have to save up a bit more next time).
Published 01/06/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Sun Princess Review
Sun Princess Cruises to Australia & New Zealand
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?