Sun Princess Cruise Review by avaloners: Sun Princess Christmas Cruise

Sun Princess Christmas Cruise

Sail Date: December 2010
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Embarkation: Other

I agree ... we were also on the cruise from Sydney December 17 and agree with everything the previous reviewer said.

I actually didn't use my lanyard (being a female I felt a bit dorky wearing the cruisecard around my neck and easily kept it in a pocket instead.

The staff were outstanding and really got into the Christmas spirit, wearing Santa hats, etc. and the whole ship was decorated, especially the Atrium which looked magical, especially when "snow" was organised.

Everyone had a little Christmas stocking with sweets on our pillow instead of the usual chocolates on Christmas Eve.

We didn't know whether we would enjoy the cruising life (especially my active husband who doesn't usually like being constrained in one place), but there are so many areas and things to do neither of us felt this way at all.

We have spoken to a lot of people since returning, and many friends say, "cruise ships are just like floating RSL clubs". These comments More always come from people who have never cruised, and I just tell them it couldn't be further from the truth.

We are planning our next cruise (or dreaming at least!) for 2012. Less

Read more Sun Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Sun Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Sun Princess Suite with Balcony Dolphin Deck

We were on the starboard side in a balcony cabin, and would never consider having an inside cabin. When going through the fjords we ordered room service and just sat and watched. There was plenty of room for two of us - the only thing I would have liked was a bath! (will have to save up a bit more next time).