Carnival Freedom 5

“Christmas on the Freedom”
Cruise review of Carnival Freedom

Fraucruiser
Member Since 2005
271 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

We flew into FLL the night before our cruise and stayed at the Hamptom Inn @ the cruise port/airport. They offered shuttle service to the port and we signed up for the 10:30 shuttle. We were the only ones onboard-which is crazy because there were 9 ships sailing that day!

Got to the port at 10:45 and got in line, we were about the 5th family from the door! The doors opened at 11:00! We were in zone 3 for boarding! We were onboard by 11:30 enjoying lunch in the Lido buffet!

FOOD: This was our 3rd Carnival cruise and the food in the DR was not as yummy as we remembered. There were a few nights that I did not finish my meal as it just was not very tasty. We had late dining in the Posh and service was VERY slow. We would be seated at 8:15 and sometimes not eat until 9:30. Our server was very busy he had 7 tables with 2 assistants (who were not very helpful). He was nice, but we never really got a chance to talk to him, to me this is part of the experience. More

BUFFET: lines were lines, and not an issue at all! Breakfast was always wonderful, omlet stations in several spots and never to long of a wait!

lunches were fantastic with so so so many choices, mongolian grill, tandor, fish and chips, pizza, grill, and the buffet line! NO COMPLAINTS!

ROOMS: Our room was on deck 6, we had a balcony and a WONDERFUL room steward named Edis! He did such a fantastic job keeping our room clean!

SHIP: was so BEAUTIFUL! Public areas were all kept up and very clean!

SHOWS: were the best we have ever seen! Very talented dancers and singers, great new costumes and props to go with the new shows!

SHORE EXCURSIONS: pricey, but worth it. We booked with Carnival because of our ports, Limon, Costa Rica and Colon, Panama. We did zip lining and a Panama Canal tour, both were life changing experiences!

Overall loved the ship and the staff. Only complaint were unattended kids. This was a holiday cruise and so lots and lots of kids on board. WAY to many kids just running through public areas, like the lido buffet knocking peoples trays out of their hands and such. I was VERY disappointed with the behaviors of most of the kids on board. Please understand that I cruised with my two teenage sons and I am a teacher.... I do love kids, but...... there were some pretty rowdy groups of them on this cruise. Less

Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: December 2010
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8A6271
our cabin was 6271. It was WAY to noisy. It is just off the attrium and main elevator areas. Late nights and early mornings, people were so very loud. This would only be a last resort cabin choice!

We booked the Pasion Isla "Twister" tour. We had the best time! We met our tourn guide just off the pier. Had a short walk to board out "twister" boat, several saftey checks and briefings and we were on our way. Enjoying the Caribbean water views the whole way (30 minutes). The island could have been a backdrop for a Caribbean calendar. There truly are NO words to describe it's beauty! Beach chairs were provide as well as a buffet lunch and open bar! A very peaceful and enjoyable stay at the island!

Read 4536 Cozumel Reviews

Published 12/31/10

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review

Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?