Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Lone_Warrior

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Lone_Warrior
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Freedom
Member Name: Lone_Warrior
Cruise Date: November 2010
Cabin Category: 6B
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

A memorable cruise for us on the Freedom!
Embarkation was really fast. The port is not the prettiest in the world and traffic seemed to be a problem.

The shows were somewhat more risque than we our previous cruises with some of the female dancers showing a good amount of thong and booty. The jump and jive show was not good, it seemed like a long 45 minute tune / song with different dance routines. The Beetles and Mardi Gras shows were entertaining especially the Mardi Gras show with good costumes, dancing and band tunes.

The ship decoration was better than I expected from the reviews. It was decorated for the holidays so that may have helped. Our cabin stewardess did a decent job, and our waiters were OK, not the most talkative guys. Our bar waitress for our 6:00 dinner, Danja, was magnificent, very friendly and nice. Overall, I would rate the service at dinner average. The food came slow and at different times for each of us. The food quality was good, with highs and lows. The steak was not medium or medium well when we asked for it but was still tasty. This was our first time in the second level of the dining room, which is pretty much the same only we don't get to see the maitre D when he speaks at the end of dinner. The dining room was a nice experience overall.

The cruise director Ryan was a funny guy like most cruise directors on Carnival ships. My daughter enjoyed his sense of humor and so did I. The staff was always helpful and I didn't encounter a rude staff member.

I had the acupuncture spa treatment done with Dr. Toshi from Japan. I enjoyed the treatment as it relaxed my muscles and I truly felt the energy of my body change. I know you need more treatments to make it more effective, but I chose not to do that this cruise. I bought some creams, lotions and hit the sauna and steam room every day. The whirlpool however was a disappointment. It was not hot and you could adjust it. The fitness facilities looked nice; I didn't get to use them.

We enjoyed our time on the Freedom. She is a good ship, very clean, and the rough waters were few and far between. We had very good weather with only one rainy day. Thank you Freedom, we will miss U!

Publication Date: 12/07/10