Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Lone_Warrior: A memorable cruise for us on the Freedom!

Lone_Warrior
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

A memorable cruise for us on the Freedom!

Sail Date: November 2010

Embarkation was really fast. The port is not the prettiest in the world and traffic seemed to be a problem.

The shows were somewhat more risque than we our previous cruises with some of the female dancers showing a good amount of thong and booty. The jump and jive show was not good, it seemed like a long 45 minute tune / song with different dance routines. The Beetles and Mardi Gras shows were entertaining especially the Mardi Gras show with good costumes, dancing and band tunes.

The ship decoration was better than I expected from the reviews. It was decorated for the holidays so that may have helped. Our cabin stewardess did a decent job, and our waiters were OK, not the most talkative guys. Our bar waitress for our 6:00 dinner, Danja, was magnificent, very friendly and nice. Overall, I would rate the service at dinner average. The food came slow and at different times for each of us. The food quality was good, with highs and lows. The steak was not medium or More medium well when we asked for it but was still tasty. This was our first time in the second level of the dining room, which is pretty much the same only we don't get to see the maitre D when he speaks at the end of dinner. The dining room was a nice experience overall.

The cruise director Ryan was a funny guy like most cruise directors on Carnival ships. My daughter enjoyed his sense of humor and so did I. The staff was always helpful and I didn't encounter a rude staff member.

I had the acupuncture spa treatment done with Dr. Toshi from Japan. I enjoyed the treatment as it relaxed my muscles and I truly felt the energy of my body change. I know you need more treatments to make it more effective, but I chose not to do that this cruise. I bought some creams, lotions and hit the sauna and steam room every day. The whirlpool however was a disappointment. It was not hot and you could adjust it. The fitness facilities looked nice; I didn't get to use them.

We enjoyed our time on the Freedom. She is a good ship, very clean, and the rough waters were few and far between. We had very good weather with only one rainy day. Thank you Freedom, we will miss U! Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Oceanview Main 2327

Not noisy at all. Typical Oceanview in the middle of the ship. Not much rocking / movement.

We loved the banana ride on the 7 mile beach. We rented a chair and umbrella and swam on the beach for a couple of hours. The local beer was good.

We loved the parasailing with Fury Water Sports. The shops open a bit late at 10am, but it was lively the whole day. The beach at the park next to the air force base is OK, with many rocks. We didn't stay long. The colombian restaurant we wanted to eat at was closed on Monday's so we ate at a Tapas restaurant which is basically appetizers.

Read 741 Key West Reviews

This port was our favorite..We spent our time at Mystic Mountain riding the Sky Mountain and Bobsled. The bobsled is tons of fun, you can go fast or control how much you break. I didn't break much.....We shopped for souvenirs and other items most at this port. We will be coming back to Jamaica....Ya Mon!!!